The Biostatistics and Informatics Shared Resource provides a variety of services:
Biostatistics, Analytics and Bioinformatics
The Analytics group provides biostatistical and bioinformatic assistance to the Duncan Cancer Center investigators and can also collaborate with Baylor College of Medicine investigators. Services span the gamut from basic science through translational to clinical research:
- Experimental design
- Assistance with design & conduct of clinical trials
- Data analysis of clinical and laboratory studies
- Bioinformatic and integrative analysis of -omic data, using both investigator generated data and publicly available data
- Statistical review for PRMS, DRC, etc.
We also provide consultation, project planning, assistance with grant preparation and related services. For more information visit our other webpages, put in a request through CrossLab, or contact one of our faculty.
Multi-Omics Data Analysis
The Multi-Omics Data Analysis services are operated as fee-for-service under the umbrella of the Biostatistics and Informatics Shared Resource (BISR) of the Duncan Cancer Center to assist biomedical investigators at Baylor College of Medicine and beyond.
The multi-omics data analysis services include:
The data sharing services include:
- Primary analysis of coding and non-coding transcriptomics
- MS metabolomics and lipidomics
- MS proteomics and RPPA proteomics
- ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, and bisulfite sequencing epigenomics
- Data integrative analysis of data generated in Baylor core facilities and of publicly available data from national and international repositories
For more information on new services, pricing and contact information please visit the Multi-Omics Data Analysis web site.
Data Sharing services are operated as fee-for-service under the umbrella of the Biostatistics and Informatics Shared Resource (BISR) of the Duncan Cancer Center.
- Data deposition and sharing in national repositories
- Cross-reference membership
- Training in data deposition for novel or specialized repositories
For more information on new services, pricing and contact information please visit the Multi-Omics Data Analysis and Data Sharing web site.
Biomedical Informatics & Research IT
The Biomedical Informatics Group provides support for data management and web development for biobanks, clinical trials and custom projects as well as enterprise HPC and licensing of commercial software at value discounted rates.
- OnCore, Clinical Trials & Registry Data Management
- Acquire, Biobanking Data Management
- Custom database development & data management
- High performance computing (HPC)
- Software licensing for Oncomine™, Progeny®, Ingenuity®, SAS® and SPSS®
We also provide consultation, project planning, assistance with grant preparation and related services. Individual licenses for scientific software such as SAS, SPSS, Ingenuity IPA, and Oncoming RPE are available at reduced rates and can be purchased directly at On The Hub (SAS, SPSS), by contacting email@example.com (IPA, Oncoming), or by visiting the lab link.
Requests for service are initiated in several ways, but virtually always involve personal contact and discussion. Investigators with an existing collaboration with a resource member and need for the same support, should contact the member directly. Investigators with new projects may contact a member or one of the co-directors. Projects may also be undertaken at the request of center leadership. For more information
Site Licenses for Scientific Software
Individual licenses for scientific software such as SAS, SPSS, Ingenuity IPA, and Oncomine RPE are now available at reduced rates through Baylor College of Medicine OIT and can be purchased directly at On The Hub (SAS, SPSS), by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (IPA, Oncoming), or by visiting the lab link.
Education and Training
BISR members serve as trainee mentors and teach in a number of courses. Visit our Training and Education page for more information.