The Baylor College of Medicine Administrative Fellowship Program is open to recent graduate students who received a Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration or an equivalent master's degree from an accredited business or health care management program. Candidates who have completed the didactic portion of their master’s degree and are required to complete an administrative residency to graduate are also eligible to apply.
The fellowship offers a graduate the opportunity to gain management experience within one of the world's leading academic health science institutions.
The application deadline for the Baylor fellowship is Oct. 3, 2016. The fellowship interview process will consist of telephone and on-site interviews. Selected applicants will participate in telephone interviews with various Baylor management teams that begin Oct. 10, 2016.
Once the phone interviews have been completed, selected candidates will receive an invitation to participate in on-site interviews with prior fellows and executive management. These interviews will occur on Oct. 17 and 28, 2016.
The Baylor management team will select the new fellows and offers will be made on Nov. 14, 2016. The selected fellows will begin their fellowship in July 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact the current fellows at email@example.com.
All fellowship application materials should be mailed to:
BCM Administrative Fellowship Program
Attn: Erin Cannon, Ph.D., MPA
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
Candidates may also apply to the program through NCAF (National Council on Administrative Fellowships) using their Centralized Application Service.
Who Should Apply
Candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduate from an accredited master’s program with an emphasis in health care administration, policy or finance, or current master’s student who has completed the didactic portion of an accredited master’s program.
- Strong interest in management of an academic health science center
- Exhibits strong leadership, oral and verbal communication, analytical, and teamwork skills.
- Highly motivated
- Excellent academic record - GPA of 3.0 or above
To apply for the 2017 fellowship, the following materials must be postmarked by Oct. 3, 2016.
- Cover letter
- One-page personal statement expressing the applicant's career goals, interest in academic health centers, and how the applicant can contribute to Baylor College of Medicine
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three sealed letters of recommendation: one from a professor, one from a job/internship supervisor, and one from a non-relative. All letters must have the recommender’s signature across the back seal
- Official undergraduate school transcripts
- Official graduate school transcripts