The Baylor College of Medicine Administrative Fellowship Program is open to recent graduate students who received a Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration or an equivalent master's degree from an accredited business or health care management program.
The fellowship offers a graduate the opportunity to gain management experience within one of the world's leading academic health science institutions.
The application deadline for the Baylor fellowship is Sept. 19, 2014. The fellowship interview process will consist of telephone and on-site interviews. Selected applicants will participate in telephone interviews with various Baylor management teams that begin the week of Sept. 29.
Once the phone interviews have been completed, selected candidates will receive an invitation to participate in on-site interviews with prior fellows and executive management. These interviews will occur the week of Oct. 20, 2014.
The Baylor management team will select the new fellows and offers will be made by late October/early November. The selected fellows will begin their fellowship in July 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact the current fellows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fellowship application materials should be mailed to:
BCM Administrative Fellowship Program
Attn: Erin Cannon, MPA
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
Who Should Apply
Candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduate from an accredited master’s program with an emphasis in health care administration, policy, or finance
- Strong interest in management of an academic health science center
- Exhibits strong leadership, oral and verbal communication, analytical, and teamwork skills.
- Highly motivated
- Excellent academic record - GPA of 3.0 or above
To apply for the 2015 Fellowship, the following materials must be postmarked by Sept. 19, 2014
- Cover letter.
- One-page personal statement expressing the applicant's career goals, interest in academic health centers, and how the applicant can contribute to Baylor College of Medicine.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three sealed letters of recommendation: one from a professor, one from a job/internship supervisor, and one from a non-relative. All letters must have recommender’s signature across back seal
- Official undergraduate school transcripts.
- Official graduate school transcripts.