Sohini Banerjee, Ph.D.
Sohini Banerjee, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Associate
Molecular Virology & Microbiology
Baylor College of Medicine
- 939E (Lab)
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
- BSc from Visva-Bharati University
- 06/2007 - Santiniketan, West Bengal India
- MSc from Visva-Bharati University
- 06/2009 - Santiniketan, West Bengal India
- Zoology (Spl:Environmental Biology)
- PhD from Visva-Bharati Universsity
- 03/2019 - Santiniketan, West Bengal India
- Environmental Microbiology
- Banerjee S, Misra A, Chaudhury S, Dam B. "A Bacillus strain TCL isolated from Jharia coalmine with remarkable stress responses, chromium reduction capability and bioremediation potential." J Haz Mat. 2019 Apr 5;367:215-223. Pubmed PMID: 30594722
- Banerjee S, Sar A, Misra A, Pal S, Chakraborty A, Dam B "Increased productivity in poultry birds by sub-lethal dose of antibiotics is arbitrated by selective enrichment of gut microbiota, particularly short-chain fatty acid producers." Microbiology. 2018;164(2):142-153. Pubmed PMID: 29393019
- Dam B, Misra A, Banerjee S "Role of Gut Microbiota in Combating Oxidative Stress." Oxidative Stress in Microbial Diseases, Springer, Singapore. 2019 Oct 27;43-82.
- Banerjee S, Suter MA, Aagaard KM "Interactions between environmental exposures and the microbiome: Implications for fetal programming." Curr Opin Endocr Metab Res .. 2020 Aug;13:39-48. Pubmed PMID: 33283070
- BANERJEE, SOHINI ; DEACON, ALYSSA; SUTER, MELISSA A. ; AAGAARD, KJERSTI M. "Understanding the Placental Biology of Tobacco Smoke, Nicotine, and Marijuana (THC) Exposures During Pregnancy." Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2022 Feb 4;
- Pal S, Misra A, Banerjee S, Dam B. "Adaptation of ethidium bromide fluorescence assay to monitor activity of efflux pumps in bacterial pure cultures or mixed population from environmental samples." Journal of King Saud University - Science. 2020 Jan;32(1):935-945.
- 1. Pal S, Sar A, Biswas R, Misra A, Banerjee S, Dam B "Assessment of bacterial community structure in saline sediment microcosms exposed for the first time to the ionic liquid 1-Ethyl-3-Methylimidazolium Chloride." Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. 2021 Jan 30;232(2):1-10.
- Banerjee S, Misra A, Sar A, Pal S, Chaudhury S, Dam B "Poor nutrient availability in opencast coalmine influences microbial community composition and diversity in exposed and underground soil profiles." 2020 Aug;152:103544.
- Pal S, Biswas R, Misra A, Sar A, Banerjee S, Mukherjee P, Dam B. "Poorly known microbial taxa dominate the microbiome of hypersaline Sambhar Lake salterns in India." Extremophiles. 2020 Sep 21;24:875-885.
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Member (01/2020)
- National Postdoc Association
- Member (11/2019)
- Baylor College of Medicine Postdoctoral Association
- President (07/2022)
- Association of Women in Science
Log In to edit your profile