Health and nutrition services at Baylor Medicine are provided by Luis Rustveld, Ph.D., R.D., L.D., a licensed registered dietitian. Services cover nutrition through the life cycle, as well as a number of medical conditions affected by diet, including:
- Adult, childhood, and adolescent nutrition
- Maternal and infant nutrition
- Weight Control: underweight, overweight, and obesity
- Medical Conditions: diabetes, lipid disorders, heart disease, kidney disease, GI disorders, disorders of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas
- Diet therapy for surgical conditions such as pre-and post-bariatric nutrition counseling
- Food allergies
- Sports nutrition counseling
Referrals and Appointments
Our nutritionist can receive referrals from Baylor and non-Baylor providers. Non-Baylor patients should bring recent pertinent lab work to the initial counseling session.
This service may need to be pre-approved by your insurance. Please ask your primary care provider to request authorization or referral.
Also, the Baylor Family Medicine nutritionist may be seen at a different location from that of your general Baylor Family Medicine physician. Call 713-798-7700 to inquire about an appointment.