Health and nutrition services at Baylor College of Medicine Family Medicine are provided by a licensed registered dietitian. Our nutritionist can receive referrals from Baylor and non-Baylor providers. Patients can call (713) 798-7700 to make an appointment. Non-Baylor patients should bring recent pertinent lab work to the initial counseling session.
Services cover nutrition through the life cycle, as well as a number of medical conditions affected by diet, including:
- Adult, childhood and adolescent nutrition
- Maternal and infant nutrition
- Weight control: underweight, overweight and obesity
- Medical conditions: diabetes, lipid disorders, heart disease, kidney disease, GI disorders, disorders of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas
- Diet therapy for surgical conditions such as pre- and post-bariatric nutrition counseling
- Food allergies
- Sports nutrition counseling
Please note: This service may need to be preapproved by your insurance. Please ask your primary care provider to request authorization or referral. Baylor Family Medicine nutritionists may be located at a different location from that of your general Family Medicine physician.
Meet Our Team
- Luis O. Rustveld, Ph.D., R.D., L.D.