Personal Health and Well-Being Services
BCM BeWell Program
- The BCM BeWell program serves as the overarching health and wellness resource for the College. Awarded 1st place in 2021 and ranked 20th in the 2019 Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America by Healthiest Employers, the BCM BeWell program inspires and creates a culture of healthy living and wellness throughout the College. This program offers onsite, offsite, and virtual opportunities for employees to participate in events, programs, and workshops. In 2019, Baylor expanded the wellness program eligibility to spouses and domestic partners covered through the Baylor medical insurance plan. Part of Human Resources - Benefits, the BCM BeWell program works with various wellness-related departments, such as ergonomics, safety, and the College's gym. The program also works with external wellness-related programs such as United Healthcare, Fidelity, TIAA, and more.
- Phone: (713) 798-1500
- Website: BCM BeWell Program
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Work-Life Resources
- In addition to a solid core benefits package, Baylor College of Medicine offers an array of additional benefits and perks supporting the well-being of our faculty community and their families.
- Website: Faculty Work-Life Resources
BCM Occupational Health Program
- The Occupational Health Program is located at Baylor Clinic (Suite 1250). They provide health services such as flu shots and employee TB Testing. They also provide information to Baylor College of Medicine employees and learners.
- BCM Clinic: 7:30 a.m. - noon and 1 - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Phone: (713) 798-7880
- Website: Occupational Health Program
- BCM faculty members can seek health care at Baylor Medicine through their health insurance or coverage.
- McNair Campus: General Internal Medicine, (713) 798-2500
- River Oaks; Upper Kirby; Baylor Clinic Family Medicine, (713) 798-7700
Baylor Medicine-Vera Whole Health Employee Health Clinic
- BCM employees and dependents are able to receive primary care through this collaboration between Baylor Medicine and Vera Whole Health located at the Baylor Clinic at 6620 Main St in Houston. Fees are no- or low-cost for employees on Baylor medical plans.
- Appointments may be made by calling (832) 548-9775.
Office of Well-Being
- Institutional wellness hub for current and developing wellness initiatives, programs and resources across the many dimensions of well-being for faculty, students, trainees and staff.
- Website: Office of Well-Being
BCM Employee Assistance Program
- The Employee Assistance Program offers free and confidential resources, assessments, counseling, referrals, and follow-up services to employees to support their personal and professional life. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies.
- In the Houston area call (713) 500-3008; Outside the Houston area call 1-866-893-3776.
- Website: Employee Assistance Program