College Provided Stipends, Benefits and Resources
View stipends and benefit information on the Baylor College of Medicine’s graduate medical education website.
Maintaining your physical and emotional wellness is a prerequisite to professional success. Our residents have access to a number of programs to support their well-being. View wellness resources.
Information about vacation and leave of absences is available on the graduate medical education website
Program Provided Benefits
- Texas Medical Board License
- Texas Medical Board License renewal
- Onboarding (Jurisprudence exam, fingerprints, background check, etc)
- DEA license
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology fellow membership
- Reimbursement to attend one National Conference per year
- Cell Phone
- Baylor College of Medicine White Coats, Scrubs
- Meal Card
- Doctor’s lounge with breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Three weeks paid vacation per year
- Free parking in garage attached to hospital
- Gym discounts
- No state income tax
- General Pediatrics Certifying Board Exam
- Stipend ($1000 per fellow - mandated by BCM)
- Longitudinal curriculum teaching materials/textbooks
- Scholarly Project Startup Fund ($5,000 per fellow)
- PALS/NRP/BLS (provided through CHRISTUS Educational Services)
Life in San Antonio
San Antonio is a great place to live, work, play and study. Visit our Life in San Antonio page to see all that this great city has to offer! Check out things to do in San Antonio.
The San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Relocation Guide is a great resource for preparing for your move.