The Emergency Medical Services for Children Advisory Committee is vital to the success of the EMSC State Partnership. The role of the advisory committee is to provide guidance to the State Partnership through vigilant exploration of the state of pediatric emergency medical care in Texas, identification of EMSC priorities, development of a strategic plan, and implementation and evaluation of EMSC strategy. Committee members, through their various backgrounds and disciplines, bring together a rich assortment of experiences and perspectives to achieve common goals. Moreover, as leaders in the community and in their respective professions and occupations, EMSC Advisory Committee members are instrumental in the promotion and promulgation of EMSC priorities.
Advisory Committee Agendas
Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes
Core Committee Members
- EMSC Program Director: Kathryn Kothari, M.D.
- EMSC Program Manager: Sam Vance, MHA, LP
- Physician with pediatric training: Kate Remick, M.D.
- Nurse with emergency pediatric experience: Sally Snow, RN
- Emergency Physician: Mark Sparkman, M.D.
- EMT or Paramedic who is currently practicing: Roy Hunter, LP, CEMSO, CTO
- EMS State Agency Representative: Joe Schmider, State EMS Director
- Family Representative: Greta James Maxfield
Ad Hoc Members
- GETAC Pediatric Committee: Belinda Waters, RN, Covenant
- Children's Hospital Association of Texas: Stacy E. Wilson, J.D., President
- Disaster Preparedness Specialist: Brent Kaziny, M.D., Texas Children's Hospital
- Fire-Based EMS Representative: Wendell Wiley, EMPTP/CFO, Chief, Texas City Fire Department
- Injury Prevention Specialist: Rohit Shenoi, M.D., Texas Children's Hospital
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellows: Benjamin Lang, M.D., MPH & Annabel Cramer, M.D., Dell Children's
- Texas College of Emergency Physicians: Mark Sparkman, M.D., UT Health San Antonio
- Texas Emergency Nurses Association: Crissie L Richardson, BSN, RN, CEN, COOK's Children
- Texas Hospital Association: Carrie Kroll, VP of Advocacy, Quality, and Public Health
- Trauma Program Manager: Diana J. Kraus, RN, BSN, TNS, AVP of Trauma Services for Central West Texas Division HCA