Baylor College of Medicine Section of Health Services Research in the Department of Medicine is located within the Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness & Safety (IQuESt), a combined Baylor and a VA Health Services Research & Development Center of Innovation.
We conduct high-quality scientific research that improves the health of patients across the nation, by helping to ensure the patient-centered delivery of scientific discoveries. We support, mentor and develop outstanding research leaders.
Our research extends from patient experience, to clinical practice and outcomes of care, to the development of health care policy, and has been disseminated to key policy makers, health care administrative leaders, influential stakeholders, the mainstream media, as well as the best academic journals and professional scientific societies.
The Section of Health Services Research is focused on improving the health and well-being through innovations in health care delivery. We will achieve this through a strategic process, using:
- Innovation: To conduct research on health care delivery that impacts policy, practice and the health of patients and populations,
- Implementation: To disseminate and implement these innovations in health care delivery, and
- Mentorship: To train and mentor researchers and leaders in healthcare delivery science.
Significant leadership roles within the Department of Medicine include:
- Drs. Laura Petersen and Barbara Trautner are members of the Vice Chair Group of Research Committee.
- Dr. Daniel Murphy serves as the chair of the Faculty Group Practice Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Committee
- Dr. Molly Horstman is a member of Vice Chair Group for Quality Improvement and Innovation.