• 2016 Veterans Affairs HSR&D Health Systems Impact Award for significant policy and practice impact on patient safety and electronic health records-related work in the VA primary care setting.
Individual Team Member Awards
Hardeep Singh, M.D., M.P.H.
• Patient Safety Expert of the Year 2017 – Texas award, Corporate Vision Magazine
• 2016 VA Health Systems Impact Award for significant policy and practice impact of patient safety and electronic health records-related work in the VA primary care setting
• 2016 IMIA (International Medical Informatics Association) Yearbook of Medical Informatics selected the BMJ Quality and Safety paper, “Measuring and improving patient safety through health information technology: The Health IT Safety Framework,” as one of the best articles from the literature in Human Factors and Organization Issues’ subfield of medical informatics published in the past year.
• Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers, Department of Veterans Affairs. Recognition Ceremony in Washington, DC, April 2014. Nominated, SafeCare Person of the Year, SafeCare Magazine, 2015
• Alice S. Hersh New Investigator Award from AcademyHealth at the society’s annual research meeting, Orlando, Florida, June 24-26, 2012
• Fulbright & Jaworski L. L. P. Faculty Excellence Award (Teaching and Evaluation), Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2005.
• Member, Baylor College of Medicine Academy of Distinguished Educators, Houston, Texas, 2005-present.
• Outstanding Faculty Educator, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2004−2005
• Outstanding Faculty Educator, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2003−2004
Dean Sittig, Ph.D.
• 2013 International Medical Informatics Association Yearbook: Best Papers in Clinical Research Informatics for: A survey of informatics platforms that enable distributed comparative effectiveness research using multi-institutional heterogeneous clinical data.
• Health Information Management and Systems Society – 2012 Book of the Year for Improving Outcomes with Clinical Decision Support: An Implementer’s Guide, Second Edition
• 2012 Above & Beyond Award, The Monarch Institute, Houston, Texas
• 2011, Elected to Fellowship in Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society
• 2010 John P. McGovern Outstanding Teaching Award, School of Health Information Sciences, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
• Houston Veteran’s Affairs Hospital: 2009 Outstanding Performance Improvement Activity Award – Second Place: ‘New Multidisciplinary Solutions to Address Follow-Up of Fecal Occult Blood Test Results’ – Patient Safety Center of Inquiry.
• Health Information Management and Systems Society – 2009 Book of the Year for Improving Medication Use and Outcomes with Clinical Decision Support: A Step-by-Step Guide
• Distinguished Paper Award at 2009 American Medical Informatics Association Fall Symposium for: Persistent Paper: The Myth of “Going Paperless”
• Distinguished Paper Award at 2008 American Medical Informatics Association Fall Symposium for: A rapid assessment process for clinical informatics interventions
• Second Prize – Best Paper Competition MedInfo – 2007 Brisbane, Australia for Exploring the Unintended Consequences of Computerized Physician Order Entry
• Health Information Management and Systems Society – 2005 Book of the Year for Improving Outcomes with Clinical Decision Support: An Implementer’s Guide
Traber Giardina, Ph.D., M.S.W
University of New Orleans
• Graduate Fellowship, Center for Hazards Assessment, Response and Technology, 2003-2005.
Daniel R. Murphy, M.D., M.B.A
• VA National Health System Impact Award, Houston VA Patient Safety Center of Inquiry Team, November 2016
• Best Oral Presentation. BCM Patient Quality & Safety Conference. May 15, 2014
• Paul C. Boyle Award for Excellence in Student Research, University of Texas School of Biomedical Informatics, May 2011
• First ever recipient of Patient Safety Innovations in Medical Residency Award, Jackson Memorial Hospital Internal Medicine Residency, June 2008
• Academic Excellence Award, University of Miami School of Business, 2006
• 3rd Place Teaching Radiology Exhibit, Association of University Radiologists Annual Mtg., 2004