The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy partners with Houston Methodist to offer the five-day Intensive Bioethics Course in the Texas Medical Center. The course is productive, engaging, and covers fundamental bioethics topics and advanced clinical ethics skills.
This unique course emphasizes learning-by-doing with a practical and clinically based focus. Its learner-centered model enables sessions to be customized to individual needs for people who want more background and skills in clinical ethics consultation.
The five-day course is schedule for April 20-24, 2020
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who regularly encounter complex ethical challenges in the healthcare setting and wish to receive advanced training
- Anyone interested in getting certified in health care ethics consultation
- Past participants are from all over the country with diverse backgrounds including: physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, patient advocates and patient representatives, risk managers, hospital administrators, and health care attorneys
What Other Ethics Consultants Say About the Course
- “The course delivered everything we expected and more.”
- “All I can say is I wish I had known about this course years ago! Outstanding and brilliant!”
- “Impressive credentials of faculty and speakers.”
- “Information was comprehensive and exactly what I needed.”
- “Great course and I have already recommended it to my colleagues.”
- “The breadth, expertise of speakers, energy of delivery, and attention to the needs and hopes of participants resulted in an outstanding conference.”