- TCH-Clinical Care Center Room: TXCL-1710.0 Mail Stop: BCM320 Houston, Texas 77030 United States (832) 822-4887
- Associate Professor
- Adolescent Medicine and Sports Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- Residency at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- MD from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Graduate Certificate at University of Texas Health Science Center - School of Public Health
- Public Health
- American Board of Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine
- American Board of Pediatrics
Honors & Awards
- Career Development Award in Adolescent Health
- Fulbright & Jaworski Award in Teaching and Evaluation, Baylor College of Medicine
I believe adolescence is one of the most dynamic periods of growth in a person's life; physical, emotional, cognitive and social changes occur at a rapid pace. During this transition, some teens need additional support from those with expertise in the interplay of normal development and chronic illness as well as the ability to recognize conditions that are unique to the age group. I love caring for adolescents and firmly believe that with compassionate medical care, they can make a safe and healthy transition into adulthood.
- Alston Taylor, SJ, Garland, BH, Sanchez-Fournier, BE, Allen, KF, Doak, JS, Wiemann, CM. "A qualitative study of the day-to-day lives of obese Mexican-American adolescent females." Pediatr. 2013;131(6):1132-1138.
- Sarah E Barlow, Sharonda Alston Taylor, Elisabeth Hastings and Beth H Garland. "Assessment of the Obese Child or Adolescent. Chapter in Treatment of the Obese Patient, RF Kushner and DH Bessesen (Eds)." 2014
- Sharonda J Alston Taylor, Mitchell A Peterson, Beth H Garland and Elisabeth Hastings. "Comprehensive Obesity Evaluation and Treatment of Three Adolescents: a case series." Int J Adolesc Med Health. 2014
- Alston Taylor S, Rennie K, Jon C. "The impact of inpatient pediatric weight management program in the USA." Int J Adol Med Health. 2017 June
- Alston Taylor S, Jasik C, Garber A, Woolford S, McPherson M, Smith-Barron, Borzutzky C, Mihalopoulos, AlBuhairan FS, and Kohn M. "Preventing and treating adolescent obesity: a position paper of the Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine.." J Adolesc Health. 2016;59(5):602-606.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- As an active member, I have served in numerous capacities. Most recently as member of the Nutrition and Obesity Subcommittee and regional chapter President.
- The Obesity Society
- Mary Susan Moore Medical Society
- Texas Pediatric Society
- Dannon Institute Nutrition Leadership Institute
- Sponsor: Danone
- The Dannon NLI is a leadership development course dedicates to assisting nutritional scientists at an early stage of their careers with the leadership skills and broad perspective necessary to achieve their professional potential.
- Nexplanon placement
- Nexplanon is a long-acting, reversible contraceptive device that is implanted into the upper arm.
- Obesity Treatment
- Eating Disorders