- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Division of General Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine
- American Board of Surgery
- M.D. from Wake Forest University
- Clinical Fellowship at Duke University Medical Center
- Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery
- Residency at Texas A&M University Health Science Center
- General Surgery
- B.S. from St. Andrews Presbyterian College
Dr. Holder Haynes specializes in bariatric and minimally invasive general surgery. She can provide surgical weight loss solutions including gastric sleeve, Lap-band, gastric bypass, and Nissen fundoplication procedures. Dr. Holder-Haynes also provides general laparoscopic surgical procedures such as colectomy and hernia repair. She joined the BCM faculty in 2011 and currently serves as Director of the General Surgery Clinical Clerkship.
Dr. Holder-Haynes has a special interest in medically underserved populations and serves as a mentor for programs in the Office of Diversity and Community Outreach. Her research interests include adult and pediatric obesity.
- Tharakan B, Holder-Haynes JG, Hunter FA, Smythe WR, Childs EW. "Cyclosporine A prevents vascular hyperpermeability after hemorrhagic shock by inhibiting apoptotic signaling.." J Trauma. 2009 April;66(4):1033-9. Pubmed PMID: 19359911
- Tharakan B, Holder-Haynes JG, Hunter FA, Childs EW. "Alpha lipoic acid attenuates microvascular endothelial cell hyperpermeability by inhibiting the intrinsic apoptotic signaling.." Am. J. Surg.. 2008 February;195(2):174-8. Pubmed PMID: 18096126