- Baylor College of Medicine Medical Center McNair Campus (Clinic)
- Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center 7200 Cambridge St, 7th floor Houston, Texas 77030 United States (713) 798-2262 MAP IT
- Dr. Choi's Care Centers
- Surgical Oncology Clinic
- Be aware of colorectal cancer risk, no matter your age
- Associate Professor of Surgery
- Division of Surgical Oncology
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, Texas, United States
- BA from University of Chicago
- Biological Sciences
- MD from University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residency at University of Chicago, Department of Surgery
- Fellowship at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Surgical Oncology Research
- Residency at University of Chicago
- Clinical Fellowship at The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Certificate in Surgical Oncology
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Board of Surgery Certification
- American Board of Surgery
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant Recipient
- Clinical Excellence Award
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Foundation Merit Award
- Cancer Research Foundation Young Investigator Award
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching
Eugene A. Choi, M.D., is a board-certified surgical oncologist specializing in the management of gastrointestinal cancer, sarcoma, including gastrointestinal tumors (GIST), melanoma, and peritoneal surface malignancies.
As a member of a multidisciplinary cancer care team, Dr. Choi works closely with other skilled specialists from medical and radiation oncology to offer the most complete care possible.
His research interests include the signaling mechanisms of colorectal and pancreatic cancer metastasis, and development of novel drug therapies.
Dr. Choi earned his medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine and completed a general surgery residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he also served as administrative chief resident. Dr. Choi also completed a surgical oncology research fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania and a surgical oncology clinical fellowship at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. During his time at the University of Chicago, Dr. Choi held a faculty appointment in the section of general surgery and surgical oncology.
- Cohen EE, Zhu H, Lingen MW, Martin LE, Kuo WL, Choi EA, Kocherginsky M, Parker JS, Chung CH, Rosner MR. "A Feed-forward Loop Involving Protein Kinase Calpha and microRNAs Regulates Tumor Cell Cycle." Cancer Re.. 2009;69(1):65-74.
- Choi EA, Matthews. "Chronic Pancreatitis In: Shackelford’s Surgery of the Alimentary Tract." 2010
- Ganai S, Prachand VN, Posner MC, Alverdy JC, Choi E, Hussain M, Waxman I, Patti MG. "Predictors of Unsuccessful Laparoscopic Resection of Gastric Submucosal Neoplasms." 2013
- Choi EA and Song DA. "Skin Lesions In: Schwartz’s Principle of Surgery." 2014
- Choi EA, Feig B.. "Surgical Resection in Metastatic GIST." Current Oncology Reports. 2007;9(4):303-8.
- Dudeja V, Choi EA, Al-Refaie Waddah. "Total Gastrectomy for Cancer In: Operative Techniques in Surgery." 2014
- Thomas RM, Aloia TA, Truty MJ, Choi EA, Curley SA, Vauthey JN, Abdalla EK. "Treatment Sequencing Strategy for Hepatic Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma." 2013