- Baylor St. Luke's McNair Campus (Clinic)
- 7200 Cambridge 9th Floor Houston, Texas 77030 United States (713) 798-4696 Clinic website
- Assistant Professor
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- Texas Medical Board
- with special interest in minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of degenerative and traumatic spinal conditions
- MD from Tufts University School of Medicine
- Internship at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Clinical Fellowship at Barrow Neurological Institute
- Complex Spine Surgery
- BA from University of Pennsylvania
- Neuroscience and Classical Studies
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- AO Spine
- American College of Surgeons
Honors & Awards
- Mayfield Basic Science Award, 2012 & 2015
- Kadson Neuroscience Award, 2007
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2007
- Harold Williams Research Fellowship Award
- Ropper AE, Neal MT, Theodore N. "Acute management of traumatic cervical spinal cord injury." Pract. Neurol.. 2015 August;15(4):266-72.
- Yu D, Thakor DK, Han I, Ropper AE, Haragopal H, Sidman RL, Zafonte R, Schachter SC, Teng YD. "Alleviation of chronic pain following rat spinal cord compression injury with multimodal actions of huperzine A." Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2013 February 19;110(8):E746-55.
- Ropper AE, Cahill KS, Hanna JW, McCarthy EF, Gokaslan ZL, Chi JH. "Primary vertebral tumors: A review of epidemiologic, histologic and imaging findings part I: Benign tumors." Neurosurgery. 2011 December;69(6):1171-80.
- Ropper AE, Cahill KS, Hanna JW, McCarthy EF, Gokaslan ZL, Chi JH. "Primary vertebral tumors: A review of epidemiologic, histologic and imaging findings part II: Locally aggressive and malignant tumors." Neurosurgery. 2012 January;70(1):211-19.
- Ropper AE, Gross BA, Du R. "Surgical treatment of type I spinal dural arteriovenous fistulae." Neurosurgical Focus. 2012 May;32(5):E3.