- Baylor St. Luke's McNair Campus (Clinic)
- 7200 Cambridge 9th Floor Houston, Texas 77030 United States (713) 798-4696 Clinic website
- Assistant Professor and Director of Spinal Neurosurgery
- Director of Spine Surgery - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- BA from University of Pennsylvania
- Neuroscience and Classical Studies
- MD from Tufts University School of Medicine
- Internship at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Clinical Fellowship at Barrow Neurological Institute
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Texas Medical Board
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2007
- Mayfield Basic Science Award, 2012 & 2015
- Kadsen Neuroscience Award, 2007
- Harold Williams Research Fellowship Award
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Complex spine surgery
- Adult spinal deformity
- Scoliosis surgery
- Artificial disc replacement
- Spine tumor surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Ropper AE, Neal MT, Theodore N. "Acute management of traumatic cervical spinal cord injury." Pract. Neurol.. 2015 August;15(4):266-72.
- Yu D, Thakor DK, Han I, Ropper AE, Haragopal H, Sidman RL, Zafonte R, Schachter SC, Teng YD. "Alleviation of chronic pain following rat spinal cord compression injury with multimodal actions of huperzine A." Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2013 February 19;110(8):E746-55.
- Ropper AE, Cahill KS, Hanna JW, McCarthy EF, Gokaslan ZL, Chi JH. "Primary vertebral tumors: A review of epidemiologic, histologic and imaging findings part I: Benign tumors." Neurosurgery. 2011 December;69(6):1171-80.
- Ropper AE, Cahill KS, Hanna JW, McCarthy EF, Gokaslan ZL, Chi JH. "Primary vertebral tumors: A review of epidemiologic, histologic and imaging findings part II: Locally aggressive and malignant tumors." Neurosurgery. 2012 January;70(1):211-19.
- Ropper AE, Gross BA, Du R. "Surgical treatment of type I spinal dural arteriovenous fistulae." Neurosurgical Focus. 2012 May;32(5):E3.
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)