Shola Olorunnipa, M.D.
Shola Olorunnipa, M.D.
Associate Professor of Surgery
- Associate Professor of Surgery
Division of Plastic Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas Children's Hospital (Clinic)
Mark A. Wallace Tower
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (832) 822-3180
- Fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital – Baylor College of Medicine
- Pediatric and Craniofacial Plastic Surgery
- Residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Columbia/Cornell Medical Centers
- New York
- Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- MD from Stanford University School of Medicine
- BS from Harvard University
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Honors & Awards
- Early-Career Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Jerome P. Webster Award for Plastic Surgery Research
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Craniofacial and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate Repair
- Global Health
Professional StatementShola Olorunnipa, M.D. is a plastic surgeon in Houston.
Dr. Olorunnipa received his undergraduate degree at Harvard University before obtaining his medical degree at Stanford University School of Medicine. He then entered the combined Plastic Surgery Residency at New York Presbyterian/Columbia and New York Presbyterian/ Weill Cornell Medical Centers in New York City. After residency, he completed additional fellowship training in craniofacial and pediatric plastic surgery at Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston.
Dr. Olorunnipa considers it a privilege to provide plastic and reconstructive surgical care to children and adults.
- Yuan B, Goldman R, Wang E, Olorunnipa O, Khechoyan D "Generating a 3D Normative Infant Cranial Model." Procedia Computer Science.;
- Coates S, Mitchell K, Olorunnipa O, Otterburn DM, Simmons RM "An Unusual Breast Lesion: Granular Cell Tumor of the Breast with Extensive chest Wall Invasion." J Surg Oncol.;
- Munabi NC, Olorunnipa O, Goltsman D, Rohde CH, Ascherman JA "The ability of intra-operative perfusion mapping with laser-assisted indocyanine green angiography to predict mastectomy flap necrosis in breast reconstruction: A prospective trial." J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg.;
- Braun TL, Eisemann BS, Olorunnipa, O, Buchanan, EP, Monson, LA "Safety Outcomes in Endoscopic versus Open Repair of Metopic Craniosynostosis." Journal of Craniofacial Surgery.;
- Dempsey RF, Monson LA, Maricevich RS, Truong TA, Olorunnipa O, Lam SK, Dauser RC, Hollier Jr LH, Buchanan EP "Nonsyndromic Craniosynostosis." Clinics in Plastic Surgery.;
Log In to edit your profile