Peter Howard Jones, M.D.
Peter Howard Jones, M.D.
- Associate Professor
Medicine-Athero & Lipo
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Center for Cardiovacular Disease Prevention (Clinic)
6655 Travis St Suite 320
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-5800
- Internal Medicine residency from Baylor College Of Medicine Affiliate Hospitals
- 06/1981 - Houston, TX United States
- M.D. from Baylor College Of Medicine
- 01/1977 - Houston, TX United States
- B.S. from Washington & Lee University
- 01/1974 - Lexington, VA United States
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Chief Science Officer
- National Lipid Association (05/2013 - 05/2020)
- Clinical research interests
Professional StatementI have had a long interest in the role that lipoproteins play in causing atherosclerotic vascular disease. My career at Baylor has focused on both the clinical research into new therapies for dyslipidemia and in the management of challenging dyslipidemias in high risk patients. I have also been involved in the medical management of obesity as another method to reduce the metabolic risks associated with vascular disease.
- Negi SI, Brautbar A, Virani SS, Anand A, Polisecki E, Asztalos BF, Ballantyne CM, Schaefer EJ, Jones PH "A novel mutation in the ABCA1 gene causing an atypical phenotype of Tangier Disease." J Clin Lipidol. 2013;7:82-87.
- Friedewald VE, Ballantyne CM, Bays HE, Jones PH "Editor's Roundtable: Hypertriglyceridemia." Am J Cardiol. 2013;112:1133-1141.
- Brautbar A, Virani SS, Belmont J, Nambi V, Jones PH, Ballantyne CM "LPL gene variants affect apo CIII response to combination therapy of statins and fenofibric acid in a randomized clinical trial of individuals with mixed dyslipidemia." J Lipid Res. 2012;53:556-560.
- Brautbar A, Covarrubias D, Belmont J, Lara-Garduno F, Virani SS, Jones PH, Leal SM, Ballantyne CM "Variants in the APOA5 gene region and the response to combination therapy with statins and fenofibric acid in a randomized clinical trial of individuals with mixed dyslipidemia.." Atherosclerosis. 2011 Dec;219(2):737-42. Pubmed PMID: 21889769
- Jones PH, Nair R, Thakker KM "Prevalence of dyslipidemia and lipid goal attainment in statin-treated subjects from 3 data sources: a retrospective analysis.." J Am Heart Assoc. 2012 Dec;1(6):e001800. Pubmed PMID: 23316314
- McKenney JM, Jones PH, Adamczyk MA, Cain VA, Bryzinski BS, Blasetto JW "Comparison of the efficacy of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin, simvastatin, and pravastatin in achieving lipid goals: results from the STELLAR trial.." Curr Med Res Opin. 2003;19(8):689-98. Pubmed PMID: 14687438
Log In to edit your profile