- Associate Professor
Medicine-Athero and Lipo
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX, US
- Center for Cardiovacular Disease Prevention (Clinic)
6565 Fannin, Suite B157
Houston, TX 77030
- Internal Medicine residency from Baylor College Of Medicine Affiliate Hospitals
- 06/1981 - Houston, TX, United States
- M.D. from Baylor College Of Medicine
- 01/1977 - Houston, TX, United States
- B.S. from Washington and Lee University
- 01/1974 - Lexington, VA, United States
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Chief Science Officer
- National Lipid Association (05/2013)
- Clinical research interests
Professional StatementI have had a long interest in the role that lipoproteins play in causing atherosclerotic vascular disease. My career at Baylor has focused on both the clinical research into new therapies for dyslipidemia and in the management of challenging dyslipidemias in high risk patients. I have also been involved in the medical management of obesity as another method to reduce the metabolic risks associated with vascular disease.
- Negi SI, Brautbar A, Virani SS, Anand A, Polisecki E, Asztalos BF, Ballantyne CM, Schaefer EJ, Jones PH "A novel mutation in the ABCA1 gene causing an atypical phenotype of Tangier Disease." J Clin Lipidol. 2013 7 : 82-87.
- Friedewald VE, Ballantyne CM, Bays HE, Jones PH "Editor's Roundtable: Hypertriglyceridemia." Am J Cardiol. 2013 112 : 1133-1141.
- Brautbar A, Virani SS, Belmont J, Nambi V, Jones PH, Ballantyne CM "LPL gene variants affect apo CIII response to combination therapy of statins and fenofibric acid in a randomized clinical trial of individuals with mixed dyslipidemia." J Lipid Res. 2012 53 : 556-560.
- Brautbar A, Covarrubias D, Belmont J, Lara-Garduno F, Virani SS, Jones PH, Leal SM, Ballantyne CM "Variants in the APOA5 gene region and the response to combination therapy with statins and fenofibric acid in a randomized clinical trial of individuals with mixed dyslipidemia.." Atherosclerosis. 2011 December ; 219 (2): 737-42. Pubmed PMID: 21889769
- Jones PH, Nair R, Thakker KM "Prevalence of dyslipidemia and lipid goal attainment in statin-treated subjects from 3 data sources: a retrospective analysis.." J Am Heart Assoc. 2012 December ; 1 (6): e001800. Pubmed PMID: 23316314
Log In to edit your profile