Pawel Jan Kolodziejski, M.D.
Pawel Jan Kolodziejski, M.D.
Instructor in Surgery
- Instructor in Surgery
Division of Cardiothoracic Transplantation and Circulatory Support
Baylor College of Medicine
- Fondren-Brown Building (Lab)
Houston, TX 77030
- MD from Medical University of Lodz
- 01/1995 - Lodz
- Postdoctoral Training at Medical University of Lodz, Institute of Physiology and Biochemistry
- 01/2000 - Lodz
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Nitric oxide
Professional StatementDr. Pawel Kolodziejski earned his M.D. in 1995 at the Medical University of Lodz, Poland. He held post-doctoral appointments at the Medical University of Lodz and Baylor College of Medicine, before becoming an Instructor at Baylor College of Medicine in 2008.
Dr. Kolodziejski's research interests center on the role of proteasomes in physiology and pathological conditions. Proteasomes are small organelles responsible for a very precisely regulated degradation of many proteins. He is broadly interested in their involvement in lung diseases, and especially in pulmonary hypertension. He is participating in a multi-center study –“Pulmonary Hypertension Breakthrough Initiative” since 2006. Previously Kolodziejski and colleagues were able to demonstrate the role of proteasomes in regulation of nitric oxide synthase, which has been implicated in the pathogenesis of several lung diseases. A potential therapeutic strategy for these diseases could be based upon devising methods to regulate the level of nitric oxide by proteasomal modulation.
- Kolodziejski PJ, Rashid MB, Eissa NT "Intracellular formation of “undisruptable” dimmers of inducible nitric oxide synthase." Natl Acad Sci USA.;
- Glabinski A, Bielecki B, Kolodziejski P, Selmaj K, Ransohoff RM "TNF-alpha microinjection upregulates chemokines and chemokine receptors in the central nervous system without inducing leukocyte infiltration." Interferon Cytokine Res.;
- Kolodziejski PJ; Musial A; Koo Ja Seok P; Eissa NT "Ubiquitination of inducible nitric oxide synthase is required for its degradation." Proc Natl Acad Sci USA.;
- Kolodziejski PJ, Koo J-S, Eissa NT "Regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase by rapid cellular turnover and co-translational downregulation by dimerization inhibitors." Proc Natl Acad Sci USA.;
- Arbiser JL, Govindarajan B, Battle T, Lynch R, Frank DA, Ushio-Fukai M, Perry BN, Stern DF, Bowden GT, Liu A, Kolodziejski PJ, Eissa NT, Hossain CF, Nagle DG "Carbazole is a naturally occurring inhibitor of angiogenesis and inflammation isolated from anti-psoriatic coal tar." Journal of Investigative Dermatology.;
- Kolodziejski PJ, Williams TM, Eissa NT "Interferon gamma augments nitric oxide (NO) production in macrophages by prolonging inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) half-life; an effect mediated by induction of proteasomal regulatory unit PA28alpha." American J of Respiratory and Critical Care M.;
- Kolodziejski PJ, Kesavan R, Parulekar A, Noon G, Loebe M, LaFrancesca S, Bruckner B, Scheinin S, Nguyen J, Seethamraju H "Retrospective analysis of lung transplant patients with pulmonary hypertension: comparison of patients with double-lung vs. heart-lung transplant." American J of Respiratory and Critical Care M.;
- Akkanti B, Kolodziejski PJ, Rizvi Z, Kesavan R, Parulekar A, Loebe M, LaFrancesca S, Scheinin S, Nguyen J, Bruckner B, Noon G, Seethamraju H "H1N1 influenza in lung transplant patients: a follow up after one year." J Heart Lung Transplant.;
- Ramlawi B, Garcia-Morales LJ, Estep JD, Seethamraju H, Kesavan RB, Bruckner BA, Parulekar AD, Kolodziejski PJ, Nguyen J, Chmielowiec KN, Noon GP, Gaber O,Loebe M "Combined thoracic organ and liver transplantation in multi-organ end-stage patients as a successful therapeutic strategy." J Heart Lung Transplant.;
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- National Postdoctoral Association
- Texas Transplantation Society
- European Neuropeptide Club
Log In to edit your profile