Department of Medicine
Health Services Research
Baylor College of Medicine
Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety (IQuESt)
Health Policy, Quality & Informatics
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Postdoctoral Fellowship at Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
- 08/2019 - Houston, Texas United States
- PhD from University of Michigan
- 05/2013 - Ann Arbor, Michigan United States
- Political Science
- MA from University of Michigan
- 12/2008 - Ann Arbor, Michigan United States
- Political Science
- BA from University of Rochester
- 05/2001 - Rochester, New York United States
- Political Science, Spanish
- Health Policy, Health Reform, Interactions between state and federal health policy, How Veterans use the VA, Medicaid and Medicare for their health needs
Professional StatementMy research focuses on how health systems and levels of government interact or fail to interact effectively with each other. Specifically, I explore how Veterans use various health options available to them, like the VA, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as how they react to new community care options available under the CHOICE and MISSION acts. I also analyze the friction between Federal and state governments in the development of Medicaid policy.
- Seed Grant (10/01/2020 Grant funding from Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
- An investigation of how VA-enrolled Veterans changed their volume and balance of between VA and Medicaid-funded providers in response to the Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion.
- Precision Medicine and Population Health Grant (07/01/2019 Grant funding from Baylor College of Medicine
- This research project explores how dialysis preparation and health outcomes in Veterans with End-Stage Renal Disease differ between states that expanded Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act and those that rejected expansion.
Log In to edit your profile