Michael Richard Kauth, Ph.D.
Michael Richard Kauth, Ph.D.
Psychiatry & Behav Sciences
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Executive Director
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Sexual Health
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) health disparities
- Implementation of educational interventions
Professional StatementMy new book, The Evolution of Human Pair-Bonding, Friendship, and Sexual Attraction, has been released: https://www.routledge.com/The-Evolution-of-Human-Pair-Bonding-Friendship-and-Sexual-Attraction/Kauth/p/book/9780367427269
See the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/J2-qzOthgPM
If you would like a copy of my CV, email me at email@example.com
- Kauth, M.R., Shipherd, J.C., Lindsay, J., Blosnich, J.R., Brown, G.R., & Jones, K "Access to care for transgender veterans in VHA: 2006-2013." Am J Public Health. 2014;104(4):e1-e3.
- Kauth, M.R., Meier, C., & Latini, D.M "A review of sexual health among lesbian, gay, and bisexual veterans." Current Sexual Health Reports. 2014;
- Kauth, M.R., & Shipherd, J. C. (Eds.). "Adult transgender care: An interdisciplinary approach for training mental health professionals." 2018;
- Kauth, M.R., Adler, G., McCandless, S.J., & Leopoulos, W.S. "Embedding new clinical practices: The role of facilitation in enhancing web-based training for mental health providers." Journal of Mental Health Training, Education and Practice. 2017;12(1):24-32.
- Kauth, M.R, Barrera, T.L., Denton, F.N., & Latini, D.M. "Health differences among lesbian, gay, and transgender veterans by rural/small town and suburban/urban setting.." LGBT Health.;4(3):194-201.
- Kauth, M.R., & Shipherd, J.C. "Transforming a system: Improving patient-centered care for sexual and gender minority veterans.." LGBT Health. 2016;3(3):1-3.
- Blosnich, J.R., Cashy, J., Gordon, A.J., Shipherd, J.C., Kauth, M.R., Brown, G.R., & Fine, M.J. "Using clinician text notes in electronic medical record data to validate transgender-related diagnosis codes.." Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 2018;(advance online: doi.org/10.1093/jamja/ocy022)
- Blosnich, J.R., Rodriguez, K.L., Hruska, K.L., Kavalieratos, D., Gordon, A.J., Matza, A., Mejia, S.M., Shipherd, J.C., Kauth, M.R. "Utilization of the Veterans Affairs’ Transgender E-consultation Program by Health Care Providers: Mixed-Methods Study.." J Med Internet Res Med Informatics. 2019;7(1):e11695..
- Kauth MR, Sullivan G, Blevins D, Cully JA, Landes RD, Said Q, Teasdale TA "Employing external facilitation to implement cognitive behavioral therapy in VA clinics: a pilot study.." Implement Sci. 2010;5:75. Pubmed PMID: 20942951
- Mattocks, K.M., Kauth, M.R., Sandfort, T., Matza, A.R., Sullivan, J.C., & Shipherd, J.C "Understanding healthcare needs of sexual and gender minority veterans: How targeted research and policy can improve health." LGBT Health. 2013;1:30-37.
- Kauth, Michael R. "The Evolution of Human Pair-Bonding, Friendship, and Sexual Attraction: Love Bonds." 2021;
- Hosain GM, Latini DM, Kauth M, Goltz HH, Helmer DA "Sexual dysfunction among male veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan: prevalence and correlates.." J Sex Med. 2013 Feb;10(2):516-23. Pubmed PMID: 23088675
- 12. Cortes, J., Fletcher, T.L., Latini, D.M., & Kauth, M.R. "Mental health differences between older and younger lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender veterans: Evidence of resilience.." Clin Geron. 2018;
- 9. Cortes, J., Fletcher, T.L., Latini, D.M., & Kauth, M.R. "Mental health differences between older and younger lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender veterans: Evidence of resilience.." Clin Gerontol. 2018;advance online.
- Adler, G., Pritchett, L.R., & Kauth, M.R "Meeting the continuing education needs of rural mental health providers." Telemedicine and e-Health. 2013;19(11):852-856.
- 15. Kauth, M.R., Barrera, T.L., & Latini, D.M. "Lesbian, gay, and transgender veterans’ experiences in the Veterans Health Administration: Positive signs and room for improvement.." Psychol Serv. 2018;16(2):346-351..
- Shipherd, J.C., Kauth, M.R., Firek, A.F., Garcia, R., Mejia, S., Laski, S.J., Walden, B., Perez-Padilla, S., Lindsay, J.A., Brown, G., Roybal, L., Keo-Meier, C., Knapp, H., Johnson, L., Reese, R.L., & Byne, W "Interdisciplinary transgender veteran care: Training for Veterans Healthcare Administration providers." Transgender Health. 2016;1:54-62.
- Valentine, S.E., Shipherd, J.C., Smith, A.M., & Kauth, M.R. "Improving affirming care for sexual and gender minority veterans.." Psychol Serv. 2019;
- 12. Kauth, M.R., Barrera, T.L., & Latini, D.M. "Lesbian, gay, and transgender veterans’ experiences in the Veterans Health Administration: Positive signs and room for improvement.." Psychol Serv. 2018;advance online.
- Kauth, M.R., Blosnich, J.R., Marra, J., Keig, Z., & Shipherd, J.C. "Transgender health care in the U.S. military and Veterans Health Administration.." Current Sexual Health Reports. 2017;9(3):121-127.
- 7. Bryan, J.L., Kauth, M.R., & Asghar-Ali, A.A. "Transforming VHA mental health clinician education and practices: 20 years of educational initiatives by a MIRECC.." J Cont Ed Health Professions. 2019;39(2):119-123..
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Psychological Science
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
Log In to edit your profile