- Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, BCM-Jewish Institute for Research (Lab)
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-4298
- PhD from Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology
- 10/2014 - New Delhi, Delhi India
- Postdoctoral Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine
- Cancer multi-omics analysis
- Immune informatics
- Breast cancer
Professional StatementThe primary goal of my research is to improve disease diagnosis, treatment and survival by precision data science.
Since my PhD in Bioinformatics, have 7+ years of bioinformatics and data science experience in Cancer research. Cancer is a diverse and heterogeneous disease, hence one therapy will not be uniformly beneficial to all patients. I am also working on rare cancers like Male breast cancer. To dissect the molecular level heterogeneity of these tumors, we employ multi-omics and big data analysis on patient’s next generation sequencing and proteomics data. I implement bioinformatics to understand the role of mutations, structural variations, gene expressions, copy number variations, proteomics and genomic aberrations in promoting cancer.
In the past, I have shown role of DNA damage repair defects as a new class of endocrine treatment resistance driver in breast cancer. Exploring the cause and effect relationship further, we are trying to understanding the contribution of immune-checkpoint and other immune-tolerance factors in therapeutic resistant and advancement of estrogen-receptor positive disease. This warrants for integration of patient genome, transcriptome and metabolome with clinical data.
- "Comprehensive profiling of DNA repair defects in breast cancer identifies a novel class of endocrine therapy resistance drivers." Clinical Cancer Research. 2018 May; Pubmed PMID: 29793947
- "Immune Checkpoint Profiles in Luminal B Breast Cancer (Alliance)." 2019 Oct 30; Pubmed PMID: 31665365
- "The prognostic effects of somatic mutations in ER-positive breast cancer." Nature Communications. 2018 Sep; Pubmed PMID: 30181556
- "Proteogenomic Landscape of Breast Cancer Tumorigenesis and Targeted Therapy." 2020; Pubmed PMID: 33212010
- NGS-data analysis
- Cancer genomics
Log In to edit your profile