Associate Professor and Associate Chair of Research
- Associate Professor and Associate Chair of Research
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas United States
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- 08/2009 - Memphis, TN United States
- Internship at Duke University Medical Center
- 06/2007 - Durham, North Carolina United States
- PhD from University Of Memphis
- 08/2007 - Memphis, TN United States
- MS from Virginia Commonwealth University
- 05/2003 - Richmond, VA United States
- BA from Rhodes College
- 05/2000 - Memphis, TN United States
- Esbenshade, A.J., Pierson, C.R., Thompson, A.L., Reed, D., Gupta, A., Levy, A., Kahalley, L.S., Harker-Murray, P., Schore, R., Muscal, J.A., Maloney, K., Horton, T., Zweidler-Mckay, P., & Dhall, G. "Long-term evidence that a pediatric oncology mentorship program for young investigators is feasible and beneficial in the cooperative group setting: A report from the Children’s Oncology Group." Ped Blood Cancer. 2018 65 (3):
- Antonini, T.N., Ris, M.D., Grosshans, D.R., Mahajan, A., Okcu, M.F., Chintagumpala, M., Paulino, A.C., Child, A., Orobio, J., Stancel, H.H., & Kahalley, L.S. "Attention, Processing Speed, and Executive Functioning in Pediatric Brain Tumor Survivors Treated with Proton Beam Radiation Therapy." Radiotherapy & Oncology. 2017 124 (1): 89-97.
- Ris, M.D., Grosch, M., Fletcher, J., Mehta, P., & Kahalley, L.S. "Measurement of neurodevelopmental changes in children treated with radiation for brain tumors: What is a true “baseline?”." The Clinical Neuropsychologist. 2017 31 (2): 307-328.
- Kahalley, L.S., Ris, M.D., Grosshans, D.R., Okcu, M.F., Paulino, A.C., Chintagumpala, M., Moore, B.D., Guffey, D., Minard, C.G., Stancel, H.H., & Mahajan, A. "Comparing Intelligence Quotient Change After Treatment With Proton Versus Photon Radiation Therapy for Pediatric Brain Tumors." JCO. 2016 34 (10): 1043-1049. Pubmed PMID: 26811522
- Kahalley, L.S., Winter, A., Stancel, H.H., Ris, M.D., & Gragert, M. "Utility of the General Ability Index (GAI) with survivors of pediatric brain tumors: Comparison to full scale IQ and premorbid IQ estimates." Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology. 2016 38 (10): 1065-1076.
- Willard, V.W., Conklin, H.M., Huang, L., Zhang, H. & Kahalley, L.S. "Concordance of parent-, teacher- and self-report ratings on the Conners 3 in adolescent survivors of cancer." Psychological Assessment. 2016 28 (9): 1110-1118.
- Bishop, A.J., Greenfield, B., Mahajan, A., Paulino, A.C., Okcu, M.F., Allen, P.K., Chintagumpala, M., Kahalley, L.S., McAleer, M.F., McGovern, S.L., Whitehead, W.E., & Grosshans, D.R. "Proton beam therapy versus conformal photon radiation therapy for childhood craniopharyngioma: multi-institutional analysis of outcomes, cyst dynamics, and toxicity." International Journal of Radiation Oncology, . 2014 90 (2): 354-361. Pubmed PMID: 25052561
- Winter, A.L., Conklin, H., Tyc, V.L., Stancel, H.H., Hinds, P.S., Hudson, M.M., & Kahalley, L.S. "Executive function late effects in survivors of pediatric brain tumors and acute lymphoblastic leukemia." Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsy. 2014 36 (8): 818-830. Pubmed PMID: 25126830
- Hansen, J.A., Stancel, H.H., Klesges, L.M., Tyc, V.L., Hinds, P.S., Wu, S., Hudson, M.M., & Kahalley, L.S. "Eating behavior and BMI in adolescent survivors of brain tumor and acute lymphoblastic leukemia." Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing. 2014 31 (1): 41-50. Pubmed PMID: 24451908
- Kahalley LS, Wilson SJ, Tyc VL, Conklin HM, Hudson MM, Wu S, Xiong X, Stancel HH, Hinds PS "Are the psychological needs of adolescent survivors of pediatric cancer adequately identified and treated?." Psychooncology. 2013 February ; 22 (2): 447-58. Pubmed PMID: 22278930
- Kahalley, L.S., Conklin, H.M., Tyc, V.L., Hudson, M.M., Wilson, S.J., Wu, S., Xiong, X., & Hinds, P.S. "Slower processing speed after treatment for pediatric brain tumor and ALL." Psycho-Oncology. 2013 22 (9): 1979-1986. Pubmed PMID: 23447439
- Moyer KH, Willard VW, Gross AM, Netson KL, Ashford JM, Kahalley LS, Wu S, Xiong X, Conklin HM "The impact of attention on social functioning in survivors of pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia and brain tumors.." Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 December 15; 59 (7): 1290-5. Pubmed PMID: 22848032
- Kahalley LS, Robinson LA, Tyc VL, Hudson MM, Leisenring W, Stratton K, Mertens AC, Zeltzer L, Robison LL, Hinds PS "Risk factors for smoking among adolescent survivors of childhood cancer: A report from the childhood cancer survivor study.." Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 March ; 58 (3): 428-34. Pubmed PMID: 21618409
- Kahalley LS, Conklin HM, Tyc VL, Wilson SJ, Hinds PS, Wu S, Xiong X, Hudson MM "ADHD and secondary ADHD criteria fail to identify many at-risk survivors of pediatric ALL and brain tumor.." Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011 July 15; 57 (1): 110-8. Pubmed PMID: 21337681
- Netson KL, Conklin HM, Ashford JM, Kahalley LS, Wu S, Xiong X "Parent and Teacher Ratings of Attention during a Year-Long Methylphenidate Trial in Children Treated for Cancer.." J Pediatr Psychol. 2011 May ; 36 (4): 438-50. Pubmed PMID: 21097489
- Kahalley LS, Tyc VL, Wilson SJ, Nelms J, Hudson MM, Wu S, Xiong X, Hinds PS "Adolescent cancer survivors' smoking intentions are associated with aggression, attention, and smoking history.." J Cancer Surviv. 2011 June ; 5 (2): 123-31. Pubmed PMID: 20922493
- Kahalley LS, Robinson LA, Tyc VL, Hudson MM, Leisenring W, Stratton K, Zeltzer L, Mertens AC, Robison LL, Hinds PS "Attentional and executive dysfunction as predictors of smoking within the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study cohort.." Nicotine Tob. Res.. 2010 April ; 12 (4): 344-54. Pubmed PMID: 20154054
- White Matter Toxicity and Neurocognitive Outcomes in Pediatric Brain Tumor Patients Treated with Proton Beam Radiation Therapy - #R01 CA221197 (06/01/2017 - 05/31/2022) Grant funding from NIH/NCI
- A study examining associations between white matter toxicity and neurocognitive outcomes following treatment for pediatric brain tumors with proton beam radiation therapy vs. photon radiation therapy and surgery only.
- Cognitive Change after Proton RT vs. Photon or Surgery for Pediatric Brain Tumor - #R01 CA187202 (08/18/2014 - 07/31/2019) Grant funding from NIH/NCI
- A study examining neurocognitive late effects following treatment for pediatric brain tumors with proton beam radiation therapy and comparing outcomes between patients treated with proton beam radiation therapy, photon radiation therapy, and surgery only.
- Neurocognitive Outcomes Following Proton Beam Radiation Therapy for Treatment of Pediatric Brain Tumor - #K07 CA157923 (08/01/2011 - 07/31/2016) Grant funding from NIH/NCI
- To examine neurocognitive late effects following treatment for pediatric brain tumor with proton beam radiation therapy and to compare outcomes between patients treated with proton beam versus conventional radiation therapy
- Cognitive Outcome of Proton Beam vs. Conventional Radiation Therapy for Pediatric Brain Tumor (06/01/2010 - 12/31/2012) Grant funding from Texas Children’s Hospital Pediatric Pilot Research Fund
- To examine neurocognitive outcomes following treatment for pediatric brain tumor with conventional or proton beam radiation therapy
- Tobacco Use in Survivors of Childhood Cancer - #F31 DA020299 (08/15/2005 - 08/15/2006) NIH/NIDA
- To identify the role of attention, overweight, and pubertal onset in the development of survivors’ smoking behavior
- Smoking among Survivors of Childhood Cancer - #F32 DA024503 (09/01/2007 - 09/01/2009) Grant funding from NIH/NIDA
- To examine the role of cognitive late effects in the smoking behaviors of adolescent survivors of childhood cancer
Log In to edit your profile