Motil, M.D., Ph.D.
Motil, M.D., Ph.D.
Pediatrics-Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Texas Children's Clinical Care Center (Clinic)
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
6701 Fannin St.
Houston, TX 77030
- Children's Nutrition Research Center (Office)
Houston, TX 77030
- MD from Medical College Of Pennsylvania/Drexel University
- 06/1973 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States
- PhD from Massachusetts Institute Of Technology
- 02/1980 - Cambridge, Massachusetts United States
- Nutritional Biochemistry and Metabolism
- Clinical Fellowship at Boston Children's Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 06/1980 - Boston, Massachusetts United States
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Clinical Fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 02/1980 - Boston, Massachusetts United States
- Pediatric Clinical Research
- Clinical Fellowship at Shriners Burns Institute
- 02/1980 - Boston, Massachusetts United States
- Pediatric Clinical Research
- Residency at Montreal Children's Hospital/McGill University
- 06/1976 - Montreal, Quebec Canada
- BA from Seton Hill University
- 05/1969 - Greensburg, Pennsylvania United States
- Texas Medical Board
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatric Gastroenterology
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Service Award Nominee
- Given in recognition of excellence and service to the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition by achieving national and/or international recognition in their field.
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (01/2013)
- Pediatric Advisory Committee Service Award
- Given in appreciation for scientific contributions and service to The Pediatric Advisory Committee.
- Food and Drug Administration (01/2012)
- Health Care Heroes Award Finalist
- Given in recognition for philanthropy service.
- Houston Business Journal sponsors (01/2009)
- Mayor’s Volunteer Houston Award
- Given in recognition for outstanding volunteer service in Houston.
- City of Houston Mayor's Office (01/2006)
- Humanism in Medicine Award
- Given in recognition of an individual who embodied the finest qualities in a teacher of healing.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (01/2004)
- Giving with a Heart Award
- Given in recognition for community volunteerism.
- Women of Color Quilters, United States Department of Agriculture/Agricultural Research Service Children’s Nutrition Research Center, Houston, TX (01/2004)
- Award of Excellence for Best Practice to Baylor College of Medicine
- Given in recognition for participation in the development of BRAIN (Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network), sponsored by the Office for Human Research Protections, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC.
- Health Improvement Institute, Bethesda, MD (01/2002)
- Texas Dietetic Association Bluebonnet Award
- Given in recognition of an individual who is not a dietitian but who has contributed significantly to the advancement of nutrition and dietetics in Texas.
- Texas Dietetic Association (01/2002)
- Houston Dietetic Association Bluebonnet Award
- Given in recognition of an individual who is not a dietitian but who has contributed significantly to the advancement of nutrition and dietetics within the local medical community.
- Houston Dietetic Association (01/2002)
- SAVVY Award
- Given in recognition of 18 years of voluntary community service and leadership to Casa de Esperanza de los Ninos, Inc., a crisis care agency for abused and neglected children and children with HIV.
- Foley’s and the Houston Chronicle (01/2002 - 12/2002)
- Rett Syndrome
- Methyl-CpG-Binding Protein 2
- Growth Disorders
- Dietary Proteins
Professional StatementMy research over the last 30 years has been directed towards understanding the metabolic relationships between nutrition and growth in children with rare genetic disorders and chronic gastrointestinal disorders, as well as the metabolic relationships between nutrition and lactation performance in women during their reproductive years, to better define the nutrient needs of these groups of individual across their lifespan.
- Baranowski T, Motil KJ, Moreno JP "Behavioral research agenda in a multietiological approach to child obesity prevention." Child Obes. 2019 May ; 15 (4): 223-6. Pubmed PMID: 30925082
- Hsu SC, Bartz S, Pyle L, Fete M, Davis S, Ohman-Hanson R, Fete TJ, Motil KJ "Growth failure in focal dermal hypoplasia." Am J Med Genet Part A. 2019 April ; 179 (4): 626-33. Pubmed PMID: 30693654
- Motil KJ, Lane JB, Barrish JO, Annese F, Geerts S, McNair L, Skinner SA, Neul JL, Glaze D, Percy AK "Biliary tract disease in girls and young women with Rett syndrome." J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2019 January ; doi: 10.1097/MPG.0000000000002273 : Pubmed PMID: 30664568
- Baranowski T, Motil KJ, Moreno JP "Multi-etiological perspective on child obesity prevention." Clin Nutr Rep. 2019 January ; doi: 10.1007/s13668-019-0256-3 : Pubmed PMID: 30649714
- Shypailo RJ, Motil KJ "The use of bioimpedance in pediatric health, nutrition, and disease.." J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2018 October ; 67 (4): 435-6. Pubmed PMID: 30239486
- Tarquinio DC, Hou W, Neul JL, Berkmen GK, Drummond J, Aronoff E, Harris J, Lane JB, Kaufmann WE, Motil KJ, Glaze DG, Skinner SA, Percy AK "The course of awake breathing disturbances across the lifespan in Rett syndrome." Brain Dev. 2018 August ; 40 (7): 515-29. Pubmed PMID: 29657083
- Duryea T, Motil KJ "Poor weight gain." In: Kline MW (ed). Rudolph’s Pediatrics (23rd ed). New York: McGraw-Hill Global Education Holdings. 2018 : 98-101.
- Tarquinio DC, Hou W, Berg A, Kaufmann WE, Lane JB, Skinner SA, Motil KJ, Neul JL, Percy AK, Glaze DG "Longitudinal course of epilepsy in Rett syndrome and related disorders." Brain. 2017 February ; 140 (2): 306-18. Pubmed PMID: 28007990
- Motil KJ "Growth, feeding and nutrition, and bone health in Rett Syndrome." In: Kaufmann WE, Percy AK, Clarke A, Leonard H, Naidu S (eds). Rett Syndrome. London: MacKeith Press. 2017 : 125-41.
- Motil KJ, Fete M, Fete TJ "Growth, nutritional, and gastrointestinal aspects of focal dermal hypoplasia (Goltz-Gorlin syndrome)." Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2016 March ; 172C (1): 29-33. Pubmed PMID: 27001925
- Jefferson A, Leonard H, Siafarikas A, Woodhead H, Fyfe S, Ward LM, Munns C, Motil K, Tarquinio D, Shapiro JR, Brismar T, Ben-Zeev B, Bisgaard AM, Coppola G, Ellaway C, Freilinger M, Geerts S, Humphreys P, Jones M, Lane J, et al. "Clinical guidelines for management of bone health in Rett syndrome based on expert consensus and available evidence." PLoS One. 2016 February ; 11 (2): e0146824. Pubmed PMID: 26849438
- Tarquinio DC, Hou W, Neul JL, Kaufmann WE, Glaze DG, Motil KJ, Skinner SA, Lee HS, Percy AK "The changing face of survival in Rett Syndrome and MECP2-related disorders." Pediatr Neurol. 2015 : Pubmed PMID: 26278631
- Tarquinio DC, Hou W, Neul JL, Lane JB, Barnes KV, O'Leary HM, Bruck NM, Kaufmann WE, Motil KJ, Glaze DG, Skinner SA, Annese F, Baggett L, Barrish JO, Geerts SP, Percy AK "Age of diagnosis in Rett syndrome: patterns of recognition among diagnosticians and risk factors for late diagnosis." Pediatr Neurol. 2015 52 (6): 585-91. Pubmed PMID: 25801175
- Killian JT, Lane JB, Cutter GR, Skinner SA, Kaufmann WE, Tarquinio DC, Glaze DG, Motil KJ, Neul JL, Percy AK "Pubertal development in Rett syndrome deviates from typical females." Pediatr Neurol. 2014 51 (6): 769-75. Pubmed PMID: 25283752
- Motil KJ, Barrish JO, Neul JL, Glaze DG "Low bone mineral mass is associated with decreased bone formation and diet in girls with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2014 September ; 59 (3): 386-92. Pubmed PMID: 25144778
- Neul JL, Lane JB, Lee HS, Geerts S, Barrish JO, Annese F, Baggett LM, Barnes K, Skinner SA, Motil KJ, Glaze DG, Kaufmann WE, Percy AK "Developmental delay in Rett syndrome: data from the Natural History Study.." J. Neurodev. Disord.. 2014 6 (1): 20. Pubmed PMID: 25071871
- Cuddapah VA, Pillai RB, Shekar KV, Lane JB, Motil KJ, Skinner SA, Tarquinio DC, Glaze DG, McGwin G, Kaufmann WE, Percy AK, Neul JL, Olsen ML "Methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 (MECP2) mutation type is associated with disease severity in Rett syndrome." J. Med. Genet.. 2014 March ; 51 (3): 152-8. Pubmed PMID: 24399845
- Chapleau CA, Lane J, Kirwin SM, Schanen C, Vinette KM, Stubbolo D, MacLeod P, Glaze DG, Motil KJ Neul JL, Skinner SA, Kaufmann WE, Percy AK "Detection of rarely identified multiple mutations in MECP2 gene do not contribute to enhanced severity in Rett syndrome." Am J Med Genet. 2013 161 (7): 1638-46. Pubmed PMID: 23696494
- Tarquinio DC, Motil KJ, Hou W, Lee HS, Glaze DG, Skinner SA, Neul JL, Annese F, McNair L, Barrish JO, Geerts SP, Lane JB, Percy AK "Growth failure and outcome in Rett syndrome: Specific growth references.." Neurology. 2012 October 16; 79 (16): 1653-61. Pubmed PMID: 23035069
- Motil KJ, Caeg E, Barrish JO, Geerts S, Lane JB, Percy AK, Annese F, McNair L, Skinner SA, Lee HS, Neul JL, Glaze DG "Gastrointestinal and nutritional problems occur frequently throughout life in girls and women with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2012 September ; 55 (3): 292-8. Pubmed PMID: 22331013
- Mark BJ, Becker BA, Halloran DR, Bree AF, Sindwani R, Fete MD, Motil KJ, Srun SW, Fete TJ "Prevalence of atopic disorders and immunodeficiency in patients with ectodermal dysplasia syndromes.." Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol.. 2012 June ; 108 (6): 435-8. Pubmed PMID: 22626597
- Motil KJ, Barrish JO, Lane J, Geerts SP, Annese F, McNair L, Percy AK, Skinner SA, Neul JL, Glaze DG "Vitamin D deficiency is prevalent in girls and women with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2011 November ; 53 (5): 569-74. Pubmed PMID: 21637127
- Lane JB, Lee HS, Smith LW, Cheng P, Percy AK, Glaze DG, Neul JL, Motil KJ, Barrish JO, Skinner SA, Annese F, McNair L, Graham J, Khwaja O, Barnes K, Krischer JP "Clinical severity and quality of life in children and adolescents with Rett syndrome.." Neurology. 2011 November 15; 77 (20): 1812-8. Pubmed PMID: 22013176
- Soler-Alfonso C, Motil KJ, Turk CL, Robbins-Furman P, Friedman EM, Zhang F, Lupski JR, Fraley JK, Potocki L "Potocki-Lupski syndrome: a microduplication syndrome associated with oropharyngeal Dysphagia and failure to thrive.." J. Pediatr.. 2011 April ; 158 (4): 655-659.e2. Pubmed PMID: 21168152
- Percy AK, Neul JL, Glaze DG, Motil KJ, Skinner SA, Khwaja O, Lee HS, Lane JB, Barrish JO, Annese F, McNair L, Graham J, Barnes K "Rett syndrome diagnostic criteria: Lessons from the Natural History Study.." Ann. Neurol.. 2010 December ; 68 (6): 951-5. Pubmed PMID: 21104896
- Jain AK, Motil KJ, Abramson SL, Han YS, Tatevian N "Rectal ulcer with an elusive diagnosis: all that ulcers is not Crohn disease.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2010 September ; 51 (3): 367-9. Pubmed PMID: 20410839
- Percy AK, Lee HS, Neul JL, Lane JB, Skinner SA, Geerts SP, Annese F, Graham J, McNair L, Motil KJ, Barrish JO, Glaze DG "Profiling scoliosis in Rett syndrome.." Pediatr. Res.. 2010 April ; 67 (4): 435-9. Pubmed PMID: 20032810
- Glaze DG, Percy AK, Skinner S, Motil KJ, Neul JL, Barrish JO, Lane JB, Geerts SP, Annese F, Graham J, McNair L, Lee HS "Epilepsy and the natural history of Rett syndrome.." Neurology. 2010 March 16; 74 (11): 909-12. Pubmed PMID: 20231667
- Neul JL, Kaufmann WE, Glaze DG, Christodoulou J, Clarke AJ, Bahi-Buisson N, Leonard H, Bailey ME, Schanen NC, Zappella M, Renieri A, Huppke P, Percy AK; RettSearch Consortium "Rett syndrome: revised diagnostic criteria and nomenclature." Ann Neurol. 2010 68 (6): 944-50. Pubmed PMID: 21154482
- Motil KJ, Fete TJ "Growth, nutritional, and gastrointestinal aspects of ankyloblepharon-ectodermal defect-cleft lip and/or palate (AEC) syndrome.." Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2009 September ; 149 (9): 1922-5. Pubmed PMID: 19676058
- Motil KJ, Morrissey M, Caeg E, Barrish JO, Glaze DG "Gastrostomy placement improves height and weight gain in girls with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2009 August ; 49 (2): 237-42. Pubmed PMID: 19525868
- Glaze DG, Percy AK, Motil KJ, Lane JB, Isaacs JS, Schultz RJ, Barrish JO, Neul JL, O'Brien WE, Smith EO "A study of the treatment of Rett syndrome with folate and betaine.." J. Child Neurol.. 2009 May ; 24 (5): 551-6. Pubmed PMID: 19225139
- Jain AK, Motil KJ, Olutoye OO, Cope-Yokoyama S, Egler RA, Tatevian N "Colon cancer in a 16-year-old girl: signet-ring cell carcinoma without microsatellite instability--an unusual suspect.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2009 January ; 48 (1): 110-4. Pubmed PMID: 19172134
- Motil KJ, Ellis KJ, Barrish JO, Caeg E, Glaze DG "Bone mineral content and bone mineral density are lower in older than in younger females with Rett syndrome.." Pediatr. Res.. 2008 October ; 64 (4): 435-9. Pubmed PMID: 18535484
- Marchand V, Motil KJ "Nutrition support for neurologically impaired children: a clinical report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2006 July ; 43 (1): 123-35. Pubmed PMID: 16819391
- Motil KJ, Schultz RJ, Abrams S, Ellis KJ, Glaze DG "Fractional calcium absorption is increased in girls with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2006 April ; 42 (4): 419-26. Pubmed PMID: 16641581
- Tremaine WJ, Carlson MR, Isaacs KL, Motil KJ, Robuck PR, Wurzelmann JI "Ethical issues, safety, and data integrity in clinical trials.." Inflamm. Bowel Dis.. 2005 November ; 11 : S17-21. Pubmed PMID: 16254478
- Motil KJ, Fete TJ, Fraley JK, Schultz RJ, Foy TM, Ochs U, Sybert VP "Growth characteristics of children with ectodermal dysplasia syndromes.." Pediatrics. 2005 August ; 116 (2): e229-34. Pubmed PMID: 16061575
- Kleinman RE, Baldassano RN, Caplan A, Griffiths AM, Heyman MB, Issenman RM, Lake AM, Motil KJ, Seidman E, Udall JN "Nutrition support for pediatric patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a clinical report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology And Nutrition.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2004 July ; 39 (1): 15-27. Pubmed PMID: 15187775
- Kleinman R, Balistreri W, Heyman M, Kirschner BS, Lake A, Motil KJ, Seidman E, Udall J "Nutrition and inflammatory bowel disease revisited." J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2004 26 : 9-13.
- Motil KJ, Allen J, Taylor A "When a research subject calls with a complaint, what will the institutional review board do?." IRB. 2004 January ; 26 (1): 9-13. Pubmed PMID: 15281212
- Baker SS, Motil KJ, Heyman MB "Research agenda for pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition: nutrition and obesity. Report of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition for the Children's Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 2002 35 (3): S281-5. Pubmed PMID: 12394366
- Ellis KJ, Shypailo RJ, Hardin DS, Perez MD, Motil KJ, Wong WW, Abrams SA "Z score prediction model for assessment of bone mineral content in pediatric diseases.." J. Bone Miner. Res.. 2001 September ; 16 (9): 1658-64. Pubmed PMID: 11547835
- Motil KJ "Infant feeding: a critical look at infant formulas.." Curr. Opin. Pediatr.. 2000 October ; 12 (5): 469-76. Pubmed PMID: 11021413
- Amir RE, Van den Veyver IB, Schultz R, Malicki DM, Tran CQ, Dahle EJ, Philippi A, Timar L, Percy AK, Motil KJ, Lichtarge O, Smith EO, Glaze DG, Zoghbi HY "Influence of mutation type and X chromosome inactivation on Rett syndrome phenotypes.." Ann. Neurol.. 2000 May ; 47 (5): 670-9. Pubmed PMID: 10805343
- Motil KJ, Schultz RJ, Browning K, Trautwein L, Glaze DG "Oropharyngeal dysfunction and gastroesophageal dysmotility are present in girls and women with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 1999 July ; 29 (1): 31-7. Pubmed PMID: 10400100
- Armstrong DD, Dunn JK, Schultz RJ, Herbert DA, Glaze DG, Motil KJ "Organ growth in Rett syndrome: a postmortem examination analysis.." Pediatr. Neurol.. 1999 February ; 20 (2): 125-9. Pubmed PMID: 10082341
- Glaze DG, Schultz RJ, Motil KJ, Armstrong DD "The Rett Center at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas: Rett Syndrome, a disorder of pervasive growth failure." Revista Medica. 1998 4 : 201-6.
- Motil KJ "Sensitive measures of nutritional status in children in hospital and in the field.." Int. J. Cancer Suppl.. 1998 11 : 41314. Pubmed PMID: 9876468
- Motil KJ "Fat and calcium absorption in infancy revisited.." J Am Coll Nutr. 1998 August ; 17 (4): 303-5. Pubmed PMID: 9710835
- Motil KJ, Sheng HP, Kertz BL, Montandon CM, Ellis KJ "Lean body mass of well-nourished women is preserved during lactation.." Am. J. Clin. Nutr.. 1998 February ; 67 (2): 292-300. Pubmed PMID: 9459378
- Motil KJ, Schultz RJ, Wong WW, Glaze DG "Increased energy expenditure associated with repetitive involuntary movement does not contribute to growth failure in girls with Rett syndrome.." J. Pediatr.. 1998 February ; 132 (2): 228-33. Pubmed PMID: 9506632
- Schultz R, Glaze D, Motil K, Hebert D, Percy A "Hand and foot growth failure in Rett syndrome.." J. Child Neurol.. 1998 February ; 13 (2): 71-4. Pubmed PMID: 9512306
- Motil KJ, Kertz B, Thotathuchery M "Lactational performance of adolescent mothers shows preliminary differences from that of adult women.." J Adolesc Health. 1997 June ; 20 (6): 442-9. Pubmed PMID: 9178081
- Motil KJ, Sheng HP, Montandon CM, Wong WW "Human milk protein does not limit growth of breast-fed infants.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 1997 January ; 24 (1): 41554. Pubmed PMID: 9093980
- Motil KJ, Davis TA, Montandon CM, Wong WW, Klein PD, Reeds PJ "Whole-body protein turnover in the fed state is reduced in response to dietary protein restriction in lactating women.." Am. J. Clin. Nutr.. 1996 July ; 64 (1): 32-9. Pubmed PMID: 8669411
- Motil KJ, Thotathuchery M, Bahar A, Montandon CM "Marginal dietary protein restriction reduced nonprotein nitrogen, but not protein nitrogen, components of human milk.." J Am Coll Nutr. 1995 April ; 14 (2): 184-91. Pubmed PMID: 7790694
- Motil KJ, Thotathuchery M, Montandon CM, Hachey DL, Boutton TW, Klein PD, Garza C "Insulin, cortisol and thyroid hormones modulate maternal protein status and milk production and composition in humans.." J. Nutr.. 1994 August ; 124 (8): 1248-57. Pubmed PMID: 8064373
- Motil KJ, Schultz R, Brown B, Glaze DG, Percy AK "Altered energy balance may account for growth failure in Rett syndrome.." J. Child Neurol.. 1994 July ; 9 (3): 315-9. Pubmed PMID: 7930413
- Motil KJ, Sheng HP, Montandon CM "Case report: failure to thrive in a breast-fed infant is associated with maternal dietary protein and energy restriction.." J Am Coll Nutr. 1994 April ; 13 (2): 203-8. Pubmed PMID: 8006303
- Motil KJ, Opekun AR, Montandon CM, Berthold HK, Davis TA, Klein PD, Reeds PJ "Leucine oxidation changes rapidly after dietary protein intake is altered in adult women but lysine flux is unchanged as is lysine incorporation into VLDL-apolipoprotein B-100.." J. Nutr.. 1994 January ; 124 (1): 41-51. Pubmed PMID: 8283293
- Motil KJ, Grand RJ, Davis-Kraft L, Ferlic LL, Smith EO "Growth failure in children with inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective study.." Gastroenterology. 1993 September ; 105 (3): 681-91. Pubmed PMID: 8359640
- Miller LG, Hopkinson JM, Motil KJ, Corboy JE, Andersson S "Disposition of olsalazine and metabolites in breast milk.." J Clin Pharmacol. 1993 August ; 33 (8): 703-6. Pubmed PMID: 8408729
- Motil KJ "Gastrointestinal diseases and growth faltering." Pediatr Rounds. 1993 2 : 4-8.
- Schultz RJ, Glaze DG, Motil KJ, Armstrong DD, del Junco DJ, Hubbard CR, Percy AK "The pattern of growth failure in Rett syndrome.." Am. J. Dis. Child.. 1993 June ; 147 (6): 633-7. Pubmed PMID: 8506830
- Redel CA, Motil KJ, Bloss RS, Dubois JJ, Klish WJ "Intestinal button implantation for obstipation and fecal impaction in children.." J. Pediatr. Surg.. 1992 May ; 27 (5): 654-6. Pubmed PMID: 1625143
- Reeds PJ, Hachey DL, Patterson BW, Motil KJ, Klein PD "VLDL apolipoprotein B-100, a potential indicator of the isotopic labeling of the hepatic protein synthetic precursor pool in humans: studies with multiple stable isotopically labeled amino acids.." J. Nutr.. 1992 March ; 122 (3): 457-66. Pubmed PMID: 1542004
- Seidman E, LeLeiko N, Ament M, Berman W, Caplan D, Evans J, Kocoshis S, Lake A, Motil K, Sutphen J "Nutritional issues in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 1991 May ; 12 (4): 424-38. Pubmed PMID: 1678007
- Hutchens TW, Henry JF, Yip TT, Hachey DL, Schanler RJ, Motil KJ, Garza C "Origin of intact lactoferrin and its DNA-binding fragments found in the urine of human milk-fed preterm infants. Evaluation by stable isotopic enrichment.." Pediatr. Res.. 1991 March ; 29 (3): 243-50. Pubmed PMID: 1903521
- Motil KJ, Montandon CM, Garza C "Basal and postprandial metabolic rates in lactating and nonlactating women.." Am. J. Clin. Nutr.. 1990 October ; 52 (4): 610-5. Pubmed PMID: 2403055
- Motil KJ, Montandon CM, Thotathuchery M, Garza C "Dietary protein and nitrogen balance in lactating and nonlactating women.." Am. J. Clin. Nutr.. 1990 March ; 51 (3): 378-84. Pubmed PMID: 2309644
- Motil KJ, Montandon CM, Hachey DL, Boutton TW, Klein PD, Garza C "Relationships among lactation performance, maternal diet, and body protein metabolism in humans.." Eur J Clin Nutr. 1989 October ; 43 (10): 681-91. Pubmed PMID: 2612458
- Motil KJ, Montandon CM, Hachey DL, Boutton TW, Klein PD, Garza C "Whole-body protein metabolism in lactating and nonlactating women.." J. Appl. Physiol.. 1989 January ; 66 (1): 370-6. Pubmed PMID: 2492984
- Kleinman RE, Balistreri WF, Heyman MB, Kirschner BS, Lake AM, Motil KJ, Seidman E, Udall JN "Nutritional support for pediatric patients with inflammatory bowel disease.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 1989 January ; 8 (1): 41498. Pubmed PMID: 2499674
- Motil KJ, Malphus E, Thotathuchery M, Garza C "Relationships of amino acids in infant nutrition." Riv Pediatr Prev Soc. 1989 39 : 157-60.
- Glasow PF, Murphy DJ, Bloss RS, Motil KJ, Ott DA "Massive upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage in an infant following cardiac surgery.." J. Pediatr. Surg.. 1987 November ; 22 (11): 1005-6. Pubmed PMID: 3501462
- Motil KJ, Ostendorf J, Bricker JT, Klish WJ "Exercise-induced gastroesophageal reflux in an athletic child.." J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr.. 1987 November ; 6 (6): 989-91. Pubmed PMID: 3681587
- Motil KJ, Grand RJ "Ulcerative colitis and Crohn disease in children.." Pediatr Rev. 1987 October ; 9 (4): 109-20. Pubmed PMID: 3332367
- Motil KJ, Grand RJ "Inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents." Curr Concepts Gastroenterol. 1987 11 : 3-16.
- Garza C, Schanler RJ, Butte NF, Motil KJ "Special properties of human milk.." Clin Perinatol. 1987 March ; 14 (1): 11-32. Pubmed PMID: 3549111
- Motil KJ, Altchuler SI, Grand RJ "Mineral balance during nutritional supplementation in adolescents with Crohn disease and growth failure.." J. Pediatr.. 1985 September ; 107 (3): 473-9. Pubmed PMID: 4032140
- Motil KJ, Grand RJ "Nutritional management of inflammatory bowel disease.." Pediatr. Clin. North Am.. 1985 April ; 32 (2): 447-69. Pubmed PMID: 3921933
- Motil KJ "Aggressive nutritional therapy in growth retardation." Clin Nutr. 1985 4 (3): 75-84.
- Motil KJ "Macronutrient status in inflammatory bowel disease." Clin Nutr. 1983 2 : 12-8.
- Matthews DE, Schwarz HP, Yang RD, Motil KJ, Young VR, Bier DM "Relationship of plasma leucine and alpha-ketoisocaproate during a L-[1-13C]leucine infusion in man: a method for measuring human intracellular leucine tracer enrichment.." Metab. Clin. Exp.. 1982 November ; 31 (11): 1105-12. Pubmed PMID: 7132737
- Motil KJ, Grand RJ, Maletskos CJ, Young VR "The effect of disease, drug, and diet on whole body protein metabolism in adolescents with Crohn disease and growth failure.." J. Pediatr.. 1982 September ; 101 (3): 345-51. Pubmed PMID: 6809923
- Motil KJ, Grand RJ, Matthews DE, Bier DM, Maletskos CJ, Young VR "Whole body leucine metabolism in adolescents with Crohn's disease and growth failure during nutritional supplementation.." Gastroenterology. 1982 June ; 82 (6): 1359-68. Pubmed PMID: 6802699
- Gersovitz M, Motil K, Munro HN, Scrimshaw NS, Young VR "Human protein requirements: assessment of the adequacy of the current Recommended Dietary Allowance for dietary protein in elderly men and women.." Am. J. Clin. Nutr.. 1982 January ; 35 (1): 41439. Pubmed PMID: 7064878
- Motil KJ, Bier DM, Matthews DE, Burke JF, Young VR "Whole body leucine and lysine metabolism studied with [1-13C]leucine and [alpha-15N]lysine: response in healthy young men given excess energy intake.." Metabolism.. 1981 August ; 30 (8): 783-91. Pubmed PMID: 6790902
- Motil KJ, Matthews DE, Bier DM, Burke JF, Munro HN, Young VR "Whole-body leucine and lysine metabolism: response to dietary protein intake in young men.." Am. J. Physiol.. 1981 June ; 240 (6): E712-21. Pubmed PMID: 6787930
- Pencharz PB, Parsons H, Motil K, Duffy B "Total body protein turnover and growth in children: is it a futile cycle?." Med. Hypotheses. 1981 February ; 7 (2): 155-60. Pubmed PMID: 7219242
- Bier DM, Motil KJ, Matthews DE, Burke JF, Young VR "Energy intake and whole body protein dynamics in man.." Prog. Clin. Biol. Res.. 1981 61 : 161-80. Pubmed PMID: 6798577
- Conway JM, Bier DM, Motil KJ, Burke JF, Young VR "Whole-body lysine flux in young adult men: effects of reduced total protein and of lysine intake.." Am. J. Physiol.. 1980 September ; 239 (3): E192-200. Pubmed PMID: 6776815
- Pencharz PB, Motil KJ, Parsons HG, Duffy BJ "The effect of an energy-restricted diet on the protein metabolism of obese adolescents: nitrogen-balance and whole-body nitrogen turnover.." Clin. Sci. (Lond).. 1980 July ; 59 (1): 13-8. Pubmed PMID: 7471641
- Matthews DE, Motil KJ, Rohrbaugh DK, Burke JF, Young VR, Bier DM "Measurement of leucine metabolism in man from a primed, continuous infusion of L-[1-3C]leucine.." Am. J. Physiol.. 1980 May ; 238 (5): E473-9. Pubmed PMID: 6769340
- Motil KJ, Harmon WE, Grupe WE "Complications of essential amino acid hyperalimentation in children with acute renal failure.." JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 1980 January ; 4 (1): 32-5. Pubmed PMID: 6767049
- Motil KJ, Scrimshaw NS "The role of exogenous histamine in scombroid poisoning." Toxicol Lett. 1979 3 (4): 219-23.
- Motil KJ, Kaplan BS, Pencharz PB "Adopted children entering Canada from underdeveloped countries.." Can Med Assoc J. 1979 August 18; 121 (4): 403. Pubmed PMID: 466613
- Motil KJ, Blackburn MG, Pleasure JR "The effects of four different radiant warmer temperature set-points used for rewarming neonates." J. Pediatr.. 1974 October ; 85 (4): 546-50. Pubmed PMID: 4443866
- Motil KJ, Blackburn MG "Temperature regulation in the neonate. A survey of the pathophysiology of thermal dynamics and of the principles of environmental control.." Clin Pediatr (Phila). 1973 November ; 12 (11): 634-9. Pubmed PMID: 4787742
- Motil KJ, Siar WJ "Patient response toward a change in the system of health care delivery.." Pediatrics. 1973 August ; 52 (2): 289-93. Pubmed PMID: 4721450
- Motil KJ "Broken appointments in the pediatric outpatient department--the Western Pennsylvania Hospital, July 1--July 31, 1970.." Woman Physician. 1971 May ; 26 (5): 244-50. Pubmed PMID: 5580252
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
- Member (01/1982)
- American Institute of Nutrition
- Member (01/1991)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member (01/1987)
Log In to edit your profile