- Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
- PhD from Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, SIBS, CAS
- 01/2011 - Shanghai, China
- BS from Nanjing Agriculture University
- 06/2004 - Nanjing, China
Professional StatementMy research direction is to explore brain estrogenic actions in the regulation of energy and glucose balance under different physiological conditions, including sex differences in response to nutritional challenges, female body weight and feeding controls in menopause, pregnancy and lactation. One of the ongoing project is to determine the central mechanism by which estrogen regulates lactational physiology, including prolactin production/secretion, lactational hyperphagia, and mammary gland development/function.
Another direction of my research is to determine the roles of retinoic acid receptors in the development and functions of the hypothalamus on the regulation of energy and glucose balance.
- Hypothalamic TAp63 and body weight control - #16POST27260254
- $106,372.00 (01/01/2016 - 12/31/2017) Grant funding from AHA
- A TAp63 transcriptional axis contributes to the sexual dimorphism in POMC neuron functions and energy homeostasis - #K01 DK119471
- $325,782.00 (07/01/2019 - 07/01/2022) Grant funding from National Institutes of Health
Log In to edit your profile