Dr. Bobby R. Alford is well known throughout Baylor College of Medicine and the Houston community as a dedicated physician, educator and leader holding several leadership positions at Baylor, including chancellor, executive vice president and dean of medicine.
His name is again front-and-center with the creation of the 7,300-square foot, state-of-the-art Bobby R. Alford Educational Center at the Baylor College of Medicine Medical Center on the McNair campus.
Alford has spent almost his entire career at Baylor. It began as a BCM medical student in 1952 and continued with a residency in otolaryngology. He then did a fellowship with a Houston surgeon, Dr. Frederick Guilford, and then a NIH fellowship at Johns Hopkins Medical School. He returned to Baylor in 1962 as an assistant professor; in 1965, became an associate professor; in 1966, a professor, and in 1967, chair of the department of otolaryngology. That department now bears his name - Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery.