About the Core
The Human Stem Cell Core provides a wide range of products and services related to human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) research, as well as hands-on training classes for basic and advanced stem cell culture techniques.
We offer cost-effective solutions to generate and characterize new induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells for in vitro disease modeling, employing non-integrating vector technologies such as Sendai virus-based and episomal vector-based reprogramming.
We also offer customized research support for experimental design and validation assays, as well as genome editing of hPSCs using CRISPR/Cas9.
The Core Director, Dr. Jean Kim, is a faculty member of the Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Center (STaR Center), led by Dr. Margaret Goodell.
Major Products and Services
- Hands-on training classes and workshops
- Consultation on experimental design
- Human pluripotent stem cell (hPSC) culture services
- Generation of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell lines
- Stem cell line characterization (karyotyping and trilineage differentiation)
- Mycoplasma testing
- Customized genome editing of hPSCs using CRISPR/Cas9