Protocol for Requesting Data from dbGAP
- Complete dbGAP application online: Leanne Scott is the BCM Signing Official, Jeffrey Pounds is the BCM IT Director and Security Officer. Save a copy of the PDF of the dbGAP application and submit – the PDF can be retrieved by downloading from a link on the right side of the screen for any one of the datasets that are being requested from dbGAP If you are storing your data on the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center HPC cluster or on the Enterprise storage environment, you must complete the security document for the DLDCCC and provide it to Michael Dehart at email@example.com. If you are not storing on the DLDCCC, you will need to provide Jeffrey Pounds the location of the data that you downloaded. For information about the dbGAP application process available.
- Complete a BRAIN proposal. List all collaborators as key personnel who you listed in your dbGAP application Salary support is “0” and budget is “0” Select “non-monetary agreement”
- In BRAIN attachment section, you must attach the following: PDF of dbGAP application Data security plan for data housed at BCM PDF of an email from Jeffrey Pounds agreeing to your data security plan -- email him a copy of your security plan and application and ask for his approval Each collaborator must review the following security documents -- email the PI stating the following: “I certify that I have read and understood the terms, conditions, and statements in the Data Use Certification(s) for the requested dataset(s). I have also read the Code of Conduct.” Attach a PDF copy of each collaborator’s statement as an attachment in BRAIN.
- Contact your department’s grant administrator if you have questions about the BRAIN proposal (in ICTR/EPI, contact Georgina Armstrong.
- Submit your BRAIN proposal and ERCOI.