- Baylor Family Medicine (Clinic)
- 3701 Kirby Drive Suite 600 Houston, Texas 77098 United States (713) 798-7700
- Department of Family and Community Medicine (Office)
- 3701 Kirby Drive Suite 600 Houston, Texas 77098 United States (713) 798-0114
- Richard M. Kleberg, Sr. Professor and Chair in Family Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, Texas, United States
- American Board of Family Medicine
Honors & Awards
- RIITE Role Model Leadership Award
- Houston's Top Doctors
- Mejia de Grubb MC, Levine RS, Zoorob R. "Diet and obesity issues in the underserved." Prim Care. 2017 March;44(1):127-140.
- Spooner KK, Salemi JL, Salihu HM, Zoorob R. "Discharge against medical advice in the United States: A cross-sectional analysis." Mayo Clin Proc. 2017 March 10 Pubmed PMID: 28291588
- Spooner KK, Salemi JL, Salihu HM, Zoorob R. "eHealth patient-provider communication in the United States: Interest, inequalities, and predictors." J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016 August 7 Pubmed PMID: 27497797
- Zoorob R, Grigoryan L, Nash S, Trautner BW. "Non-prescription antimicrobial use in a primary care population in the United States: Evidence for action." Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016 July 11
- Morelli V, Zoorob R. "Preface." Prim Care. 2017 March;44(1):xvii-xviii. Pubmed PMID: 28164829
- Spooner KK, Chima CC, Salemi JL, Zoorob R. "Self-reported preferences for patient and provider roles in cancer treatment decision-making in the United States." Fam Med Community Health. 2017 May;5(1):43-55.
- Mejia de Grubb MC, Kilbourne B, Kilbourne K, Langston MA, Gittner L, Zoorob R, Levine RS. "Socioeconomic, environmental, and geographic factors and United States lung cancer mortality, 1999-2009." Fam Med Community Health. 2017 May;5(1):3-12.
- Zoorob R. "The global burden of preventable cancer mortality." Fam Med Community Health. 2017 May;5(1):1-2.
- Mejia de Grubb MC, Salemi JL, Gonzalez SJ, Zoorob R, Levine R. "Trends and correlates of disparities in alcohol-related mortality between Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites in the United States, 1999 to 2014." Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2016 October;40(10):2169-2179. Pubmed PMID: 27558869
- Hull P, Zoorob R, Buchowski M, Canedo J, Beech B, Du L, Koyama T. "Childhood obesity prevention cluster randomized trial for Hispanic families: Outcomes of the Healthy Families Study." Pediatr Obes. [Epub ahead of print]. Pubmed PMID: 27884047
- Mejia de Grubb MC, Salemi JL, Gonzalez SJ, Sanderson M, Zoorob RJ, Mkanta W, Levine RS. "Parenting style and perceptions of children’s weigh among US Hispanics: A qualitative analysis." Health Promot Int. [Epub ahead of print]. Pubmed PMID: 27492823
- Grigoryan L, Naik AD, Horwitz D, Cadena J, Patterson JE, Zoorob R, Trautner BW. "Survey finds improvement in cognitive biases that drive overtreatment of asymptomatic bacteriuria after a successful antimicrobial stewardship intervention." Am J Infect Control. 2016 December 1;44(12):1544-48. Pubmed PMID: 27397910
- Kowalchuk AA, Gonzalez SJ, Zoorob RJ. "Substance use issues among the underserved: United States and international perspectives." Prim Care. 2017 March;44(1):113-125. Pubmed PMID: 28164811
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellow since 1997
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- American Public Health Association
- National Research Service Award in Primary Care (T32 training grant) - #T32 HP10031
- Grant funding from Health Resources and Services Administration
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Practice and Implementation Centers (PICs) - #CDC-RFA-DD14-1402
- Grant funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Health Professions Student Training. Collaboration with The University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley (UT-RGV)
- Grant funding from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Targeted Capacity Expansion: Substance Use Disorder Treatment for Racial/Ethnic Minority Populations at High-Risk for HIV/AIDS - #TI026186-01
- Grant funding from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Practice and Implementation Centers: High Impact Projects and Systems Change - #DD14-14020301SUPP16
- Grant funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Implementation of antimicrobial stewardship intervention on adherence to uncomplicated cystitis guidelines in primary care
- Grant funding from ZAMBON SpA