- Assistant Professor, Corporate Programs
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- MS from Louisiana State University
- BS from Louisiana State University
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
Honors & Awards
- National Spokesperson
- Favorite Faculty
- Brown Superior Teaching Award
- SCAN Achievement Award
- Dietetic Preceptor of the Year
- Texas Distinguished Dietitian Award
- Distinguished Dietitian Award
- Texas Dietetic Association Media Award
- Houston Dietetic Association Media Award, Houston, TX
- Educator of the Year
- Nominated Honoree
- Teaching Excellence Recognition
Most athletes know the value of working hard and training. A good sports nutrition program provides the fuel athletes need to improve their performance and meet their goals. In our sports nutrition clinic we see athletes of all ages serving pee wees to pros and all athletes in between.
I have experience at all levels of sports to include team and individual sports. In my professional life, I worked for the Houston Texans for 12 years and the Houston Ballet for 15 years. I am starting my fifth year for the Houston Astros. I am also proud to be part of the team taking care of the Rice Owls. I enjoy taking the science of sports nutrition and translating it to the food you eat. We have the ability to do advanced body composition measures at Texas Children's Sports Medicine using a BODPOD.
My current research interests have been in the area of vitamin D deficiency in athletes and the modification of body composition.
- Willard SG, Anding RH, Winstead DK. "Nutritional counseling as an adjunct to psychotherapy in bulimia treatment.." Psychosomatics. 1983 June;24(6):545-7, 550-1. Pubmed PMID: 6576398
- Chacko MR, Anding R, Kozinetz CA, Grover JL, Smith PB. "Neural tube defects: knowledge and preconceptional prevention practices in minority young women.." Pediatrics. 2003 September;112(3):536-42. Pubmed PMID: 12949280
- Lueg MC, Anding RH. "Hypercholesterolemia: new values, new strategies.." Hosp. Pract. (Off. Ed.). 1986 January 30;21(1):112-3, 116-7, 1. Pubmed PMID: 3080456
- Anding RH, Hwang DH. "Effects of dietary linolenate on the fatty acid composition of brain lipids in rats.." Lipids. 1986 November;21(11):697-701. Pubmed PMID: 2879208
- Middleman AB, Anding R, Tung C. "Effect of needle length when immunizing obese adolescents with hepatitis B vaccine.." Pediatrics. 2010 March;125(3):e508-12. Pubmed PMID: 20142295
- Hastings, ES, Anding, R, Tung, C. "Correlation of anthropometric measures among obese and severely obese adolescents and young adults." Pediat. 2011;125(3):e508-12.