- Jamail Specialty Care Center 1977 Butler Blvd. Suite E6.100 Houston, Texas 77030 United States
- Assistant Professor
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- Residency at Baylor College Of Medicine
- MD from Baylor College Of Medicine
- BBA from University Of Houston
- American Board of Anesthesiology
Honors & Awards
- Chief of Anesthesia Services
- Chair of Credentials and Peer Review Committee
- Medical Executive Committee, Member
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Resident Education
- Patient Safety
- Operating Room Management
Dr. Rahel Selassie joined Baylor College of Medicine as an Assistant Professor of the Ambulatory Anesthesia Services Division. She received her medical education and completed her anesthesiology residency at Baylor College of Medicine, serving as Chief Resident during her final year of residency. She currently practices anesthesiology at both the Jamail Specialty Care Center and the Houston Hospital for Specialized Surgery.
She has taken an active leadership role within her department, serving as the Chief of Anesthesia Services at the Houston Hospital for Specialized Surgery, where she also serves as the Chair of the Credentialing and Peer Evaluation Committee and as an active member of the Medical Executive Committee.
She is an active member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (serves on the House of Delegates), and Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia.
She enjoys meeting patients, taking the time to speak with them about anesthesia, allaying their concerns, answering questions, and providing both excellent and safe anesthesia.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists
- House of Delegates, Alternate Delegate, District 7
- The "Skinny" on Obesity - Anesthetic Implications
- Sponsor: Texas Medical Association