- Assistant Professor
- Psychiatry Research
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- Graduate Certificate at University of Iowa
- Clinical and Translational Investigation
- PhD from University of Iowa
- Clinical Psychology
- BA from American University of Beirut
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Iowa Bureau of Psychologists
- Licensed Health Service Provider
- Iowa Bureau of Psychology
- Brief Behavioral Interventions
- Psychiatric and Medical Comorbidity
- Innovative Treatment Delivery Strategies for Patients
My interests are in 1) developing innovative and pragmatic psychotherapeutic interventions aimed at improving the mental health and functioning of patients with chronic health problems – with a particular focus on acceptance and commitment therapy as the treatment approach; and 2) identifying the psychological mechanisms of action in effective treatments.
- Dindo, L., Gindes, H., Marchman, J., Fiedorowicz, J.. "A brief behavioral intervention targeting mental health risk factors for vascular disease: a pilot study.." Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 2015
- Dindo, L. & Coryell, W.. "Comorbid Major Depression and Panic Disorder: Significance of Temporal Sequencing to Familial Transmission." Journal of Affective Disorders. 2004;82:119-123. Pubmed PMID: 15465584
- Dindo, L., Turvey, C., Marchman, J., Recober, A., O’Hara, M.. "Depression and Disability in Migraine: The Role of Pain-Acceptance and Values-Based Living."
- Dindo, L., Mcdade-Montez, E., Watson, D., Clark, L.A.. "Development and initial validation of the Disinhibition Inventory (DIS-I): A multifactoral measure of disinhibition." Assessment. 2009;16:274-291. Pubmed PMID: 19228581
- Dindo. L. & Fowles, D.. "Dual Temperamental Risk Factors for Psychopathic Personality: Evidence from Self-Report and Skin Conductance." 2011;100:557-566. Pubmed PMID: 21186933
- Dindo, L., Recober, A., Marchman, J., Turvey, C., O’Hara, M.. "One-Day Behavioral Treatment for Patients with Comorbid Depression and Migraine: a pilot study." Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2012;50:537-543. Pubmed PMID: 3408777
- Dindo, L. & Fowles, D.F.. "The Skin Conductance Orienting Response to Semantic Stimuli: Significance Can Be Independent of Arousal." Psychophysiology. 2008(45):111-118. Pubmed PMID: 17910735
- Dindo, L., Recober, A., Marchman, J., O’Hara, M., & Turvey, C.. "One-Day Behavioral Intervention in Depressed Migraine Patients: Effects on Headache.." 2014;54:528-538. Pubmed PMID: 24515397
- Dindo, L.. "One-Day Acceptance and Commitment Training Workshops in Medical Populations." Current Opinion in Psychology.
- One-day Intervention for Depression and Impairment in Migraine Patients - #1K23MH097827-01A1
- Grant funding from National Institute of Mental Health
- Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award
- This study aims to examine the efficacy of an one-day Acceptance and Commitment Training Plus Illness Management (ACT-IM) verus Illness Management Only (IM) intervention on depression and disability in migraine patients.
- Preventing Persistent Post-Surgical Pain & Opioid Use in Veterans: Effect of ACT. - #R34 AT008349-01
- Grant funding from National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- This project evaluates the feasibility and preliminary efficacy of a 1-day Acceptance and Commitment Training session for veterans who will undergo orthopedic surgery and are experiencing significant pain and distress.