- Love of math and great at math
- Works well with students under the age of 16
What To Expect
- Tutors will meet with students on tutor-select sessions in person, at BCMAR, to help them with math
- Tutors will keep a notebook of notes on student progress/concerns to provide updates to the team
- Tutors will attend an orientation and receive a handbook
- The school runs on an A/B block schedule. The class schedule alternates between A days and B days. To see the same students, choose A dates, for example, for your dates.
- View the A/B calendar
All volunteers in Houston ISD public schools must register online for VIPs approval. All volunteers must pass an annual criminal background check before they can participate as a volunteer. Please follow the steps below to become VIPS approved:
Step 1: Register online
Step 2: Once you have registered, you must go in person to the school of interest and show proof of identification.
What type of identification is accepted?
- Texas Driver’s License
- Official Passport
- Texas Identification Card
- Official U. S. Military ID
- Driver’s License (issued by any state in the U.S.)
- Matricula Consular
- Identification Card (issued by any state in the U.S.)
- Resident Alien Card