Answers to frequently asked questions on BCM instant messaging.
Does Baylor allow instant messaging?
What is Lync?
Lync is an instant messaging tool.
What instant messaging tools does Baylor allow?
Lync and Skype for Business.
Is Lync available in our O365 environment?
Yes, within webmail, you can initiate, send, and receive instant messages. You can initiate an instant message conversation from an email or from a people search.
How do I message a colleague who has emailed me within webmail?
1. Select the Contact’s. Double-click on the contact’s name or photo from the Reading Pane to open their contact card.
2. Open Message Window. Click the Send an instant message button. An instant message window will display. Enter the desired message and press the Enter key.
How do I message a colleague from People Search within webmail?
1. From the Outlook view, enter part of the person’s name in the Search Mail and People field.
2. Select the desired person’s name from the People Search results list. Their contact card appears to the right.
3. Click the Send an instant message button. An instant message window will display. Enter the desired message and press the Enter key.
Is Lync secure?
I do not have Lync on my Desktop. I see Skype for Business. Why?
Some BCM users who had been using Lync 2013 on their desktops or laptops, will now see the new Skype for Business user interface. You will still be able to use the same features that Lync offers including IM, presence, screen sharing etc.