There are two ways to pick-up files that have been dropped-off:
- All users can use the claim ID and passcode provided in the notification email message to access a specific drop-off.
- An inside user, once logged-in to the system, can display a list of all drop-offs waiting for him or her in the Bigfile Upload Service. Once logged-in, an inside user is able to access drop-offs without the need for the passcode.
Information to Review before Picking Up
When viewing a drop-off, the user will see:
- The sender and recipient information that the sender entered when the drop-off was created
- The Internet hostname and/or address from which the drop-off was created
- The list of files that were uploaded
- A list of pick-ups that have been made
Some web browsers support resumable downloads. Imagine this scenario: you're sitting at your local coffee shop, downloading a 50MB PDF that a student uploaded to the Bigfile Upload Service for you. Suddenly, someone a few tables away starts watching the latest HD movie trailer (well, attempting to, anyway) and your wireless connection drops — you were 45MB into the download, and now you have to start over! Not so, if your browser supports resumable downloads; in which case, the browser requests only the remaining 5MB of the file.