Student Affairs Mission Statement
The Office of Student Affairs:
- Strives to build an environment that supports diversity through sensitivity, advocacy, leadership and education.
- Fosters students' academic and intellectual development and creates a climate that reinforces learning in all aspects of student life.
- Creates services, programs and opportunities to assist students with their personal and professional development.
- Provides a wide range of educational opportunities, a greater appreciation and understanding of diversity and preparation to assume leadership roles in the community.
- Provides advice regarding career options and helps prepare and guide students in reaching their career goals, whether practitioner, physician scientist, clinical investigator or allied health professional.
- Assists all students in successfully making the transition from student status to post-graduate training.
- Responds to the issues, ideas and needs of all constituencies, internal and external, by providing support and services to faculty, staff, alumni and the community.
E-mail this page to a friend