- Download the DNA Sequencing and Gene Vector submission form.
- Please type the information rather than writing it to avoid confusion.
- Bring samples and primers along with the submission form to Margaret Alkek Biomedical Research Building, R651.
- Take a sticker containing an invoice number and place it on one of the tubes. Include the invoice number on the submission form.
- Leave samples and primers in the designated container on the desk.
- Ask Feng Sun how to set up an account if you do not have it. The results for DNA sequencing will be available by morning of next day if you bring samples before 12 p.m.
- The results will be sent by e-mail, or you may pick up the printout results at the desk.
It is highly recommended that you follow the suggested protocols:
- For each reaction 0.5 ug of ssDNA or 1.0 ug of dsDNA is required at 200 ng/ul concentration.
- For PCR product, the amount of DNA template needed is 50-200 ng. Cosmid, BAC, 0.5-1.0 ug; Bacterial genomic DNA 2-3 ug.
- Primer concentration should be 10 pmol/ul (We supply m13 forward, reverse, T3, T7, and sp6 primers).