CHIME, or COVID-19 Hospital Impact Model for Epidemics, is a tool that originates from the Predictive Healthcare team at Penn Medicine. For questions on how to use this tool see the User docs. Code can be found on Github.
View daily updates: https://ictr.github.io/covid-19-county-R0/
CHIME uses the SIR model, which computes the theoretical number of people infected with a contagious illness in a closed population over time. The model consists of individuals who are either (S)usceptible, (I)nfected, or (R)ecovered. The epidemic proceeds via a growth and decline process. This is the core model of infectious disease spread and has been in use in epidemiology for many years.
CHIME has up-to-date projections and estimates the number of patients that will need hospitalization, ICU beds, and mechanical ventilation.
- Clinical Characteristics of 138 Hospitalized Patients With 2019 Novel Coronavirus–Infected Pneumonia in Wuhan, China
- Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID19 mortality and healthcare demand
- Covid-19 Social Distancing Scoreboard - Unacast
- Estimates of the severity of COVID-19 disease
- Projecting the Impact of the SARS-CoV-2 in TMC
- Population simulations of COVID-19 outbreaks provide tools for risk assessment and continuity planning