2012 Scientific Retreat & Rolanette and Berdon Lawrence Research Award Competition
The 2012 Bone Disease Program of Texas Scientific Retreat & Rolanette and Berdon Lawrence Research Award Competition was held on Friday, May 11 at the Marriott Medical Center Hotel in Houston, Texas. There were 110 registrants in attendance. We would like to thank all the applicants, finalists, and poster presenters for sharing their outstanding science with the program. For more information, please read the brochure.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 Rolanette and Berdon Lawrence Awards:
- "Epigenetic regulation in osteogenesis."
Qin Chin, M.D.
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- "Tumor suppressive function of miR-34C in osteosarcoma."
Yangjin Bae, Ph.D.
Baylor College of Medicine
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 Poster Presentation:
- First Place: "The function of microRNA miR-23a cluster in osteoblast differentiation."- Huan-Chang Zeng (BCM)
- Second Place: "Fabrication of antibiotic-loaded biodegradable polymer microspheres for infection control." - Sarita Shah (Rice University)
- Third Place: "Deletion of Porcn in mice leads to multiple developmental defects and models human Focal Derman Hypoplasia (Goltz syndrome)." - Wei Liu (BCM)