Medical Genetics Test Details
View Custom Req | Tests in Custom Req: 0
|Warfarin Sensitivity Genotyping|
|Test Information:||Evaluating genetic factors affecting drug metabolism for patients coumadin (Warfarin).
This analysis tests for seven genetic variations in the CYP2C9 and VKORC1 genes.
Reasons for Referral:
1. Patients starting initial treatment with Warfarin.
2. Patients already treated with Warfarin who are experiencing difficulty in achieving therapeutic INR
3. The results of this test can be used in available algorithms to determine appropriate Warfarin dosing (example www. Warfarindosing.org)
Variant alleles tested: |
2 (c.430C>T, p.R144C): Decreased activity
3 (c.1075A>C, p.I359L): Decreased activity
4 (c.1076T>C): Decreased activity
5 (c.1080C>G, p.D360E): Decreased activity
6 (c.808delA): No activity
11 (c.1003C>T, p.R335W): Decreased activity
1639G>A: Decreased activity
1. Not all variants with known impact on enzyme expression and activity are tested in this assay.
2. Non-genetic factors, variations in the other genes involving the drug metabolism or drug interactions are not measured by this assay.
3. Rare genetic alterations at primer binding sites may result in diagnostic errors.
|Methodology:||This analysis incorporates DNA amplification by multiplex PCR, allele specific primer extension, microarray hybridization and Fluorescence signal detection.|
|Gene Name:||CYP2C9, VKORC1|
|References Values or Ranges:||Analytical Sensitivity and Specificity: Greater than 99%|
|Sample & Shipping Information|
|Test Requisition:||Molecular Diagnostics|
|Requirements:||Draw blood in an EDTA (purple-top) tube(s) and send 3 cc (Adults)|
|Shipping Conditions:||Ship at room temperature in an insulated container by overnight courier. Do not heat or freeze.
|Turn Around Time:||7 days|
|List Price:||*For Insurance or Institutional Prices, please call.|
|CPT Codes:||81227x1, 81355x1|