The GoWoman blog contains personal stories and advice about weight loss issues faced by women with physical disabilities. Written by Dr. Margaret Nosek and other members of the project team, blog entries often contain links to additional information on the CROWD website and other publications.
Bookmark the GoWoman blog.
2016 Blog Postings
- Nov. 2, 2016: Ten tips for eating healthy on a budget
- Oct. 17, 2016: Staying on track: Ways to monitor your weight while living with a mobility impairment
- Sept. 27, 2016: Living in a 'food desert': Tips to help maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Sept. 2, 2016: Planning healthy meals to accommodate my family and my disability
- Aug. 23, 2016: Adapting MyPlate guidelines to fit your nutritional needs
- Aug. 12, 2016: Keep it simple: How to use adaptive cooking devices
- Aug. 2, 2016: Keep it safe while breaking a sweat
- July 15, 2016: Blubber Control
- Feb. 5, 2016: The power of virtual reality: It's all in your mind
- Jan. 29, 2016: Losing real weight in a virtual world
- Jan. 13, 2016: Finding the right online tools to reach your weight-loss goals
2015 Blog Postings
- Dec. 29, 2015: Challenges in weight loss: Doing it blind
- Dec. 15, 2015: Sex and weight loss: What better form of exercise?
- June 2, 2015: Medications and weight gain--Another brick in the barrel for people with mobility impairments
- May 5, 2015: Bliss through strawberries
- April 27, 2015: Not exercising because of mobility limitations? Experts offer tips to increase physical activity
- April 3, 2015: What’s the scoop on food allergies, weight gain, and disabilities?
- March 27, 2015: Let’s call them weight loss choices, not slips or cheating
- March 16, 2015: Limiting portion size is a pain in the neck
- Feb. 18, 2015: Starvation dieting is going too far, especially if you have a disability
- Feb. 10, 2015: Weight loss choices: Accept tools to make shopping, cooking easier
- Jan. 26, 2015: The cycle of disability and weight gain
- Jan. 20, 2015: Online program aims to aid in weight loss for women with physical limitations