This study will test saliva from children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental delays to see if we can detect differences.
What does the study include?
• 1 or 2 visits with your child at the Texas Children’s Autism Center (8080 N. Stadium Drive).
What will you do at the visits?
• You will complete several questionnaires.
• Your child will complete some behavioral tasks and provide a saliva sample.
• You will be compensated for your time and effort.
Who can participate?
• Children 18-48 months old
• ASD or developmental delay diagnosis
• No history of major medical disorders
• No recent diagnosis of upper respiratory infection or periodontal disease
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact us for more information.