Have you or has someone you know been recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, schizophreniform, or bipolar I disorder? In order to join the study, participants must:
- Be aged ≥16 through < 40 years
- Have had their first symptoms of psychosis (such as unusual thoughts, feelings or sensations) within the last four years
- Be diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizophreniform or having a manic episode for bipolar I disorder
- Have less than 10 weeks of lifetime exposure to antipsychotics
- Have a BMI ≥18.0 and ≤27.0 kg/m2
The total duration of this study for a subject is approximately 20 weeks.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate weight gain in patients taking an investigational medication compared to an approved treatment.
Qualifying participants will receive study-related tests, investigational medication and study-related care at no cost and may be compensated for time and travel.