Do you treat patients with Crohn’s disease? Do you prescribe Cimzia (certolizumab pegol)? You may be qualified to join an exciting registry.
• Objective is to scientifically and medically evaluate the long term safety of Cimzia when used in normal clinical practice.
• Enrollment of 2,000 Crohn’s disease patients being prescribed Cimzia and 2000 Crohn’s disease patients receiving other treatments over a 10-year period.
• Approximately 300 healthcare facilities across the United States patient enrollment criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older and able to provide written informed consent to permit collection of data
- Medically documented Crohn’s disease
- Patients enrolled in blinded clinical trials are not eligible to participate.
• Cimzia arm only—about to receive treatment with Cimzia or has already been receiving treatment with Cimzia for less than or equal to 12 months
• Comparison cohort arm only- about to receive treatment with any other medication or has already been receiving treatment. Previous Cimzia treatment is prohibited for the control arm.
• Patients are eligible for the comparison cohort if one of the following criteria is fulfilled:
- Currently receiving or history of anti-TNF treatment less than or equal to 12 months
- Currently receiving or history of immunosuppressant therapy less than or equal to 12 months
- Currently receiving or history of systemic steroid therapy within less than or equal to 12 months
Easy to participate!
The decision to prescribe Cimzia or other medications must be made by the physician independently of the decision to include the patient in the study.