These are links to information available throughout our website, design to help women with disabilities be active, assertive, empowered, equal participants in their health care.
- How to find a good health care provider
- The Well Woman Exam
- What are your rights to health care under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- Guidelines for accessible medical offices
- Guidelines for accessible medical equipment
- Health Care for Americans with Disabilities — 25 Years after the ADA
- What are your rights to health care under the Affordable Care Act? (legal language)
- Educational resources for medical providers on the pelvic health of women with disabilities
One of the most important first steps to good health is finding a health care provider you are comfortable with. For women with mobility impairments, this can be especially hard. Click here for more information on this topic.
The Well Woman Exam
The Well Woman Exam is an important part of maintaining good pelvic health. For more information on this exam, such as when you should have the exam, what will happen at the appointment, and details specific to women with mobility impairment, please visit our Well Woman Exam page.