Reproductive Health Information for Women with Disabilities--References
- Beckmann CR, Ling FW, Herbert WN, et al: Obstetrics and Gynecology. 3rd ed. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1998.
- Bontke, C: Patient Rights and Your Physician. Abled Fall 1994;V:12-15
- Daly E, Vessey MP, Hawkins MM, et al. Risk of venous thromboembolism in users of hormone replacement therapy. Lancet 1996;348:977-80.
- Fantl JA, Bump RC, Robinson D, McClish DK, Wyman J. Efficacy of estrogen supplementation in the treatment of urinary incontinence. Obstet Gynecol 1996;88:745-9.
- Ferreyra S, Hughes K: Table Manners: A Guide to the Pelvic Examination for Disabled Women and Health Care Providers. San Francisc Planned Parenthood Alameda/San Francisco, 1991.Gollub EL. The female condom: Tool for women's empowerment. Am J Pub Health 2000;90:1377-81.
- Hacker, NF, Moore, JG: Essentials of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1992.
- Jackson AB, Wadley V. A multicenter study of women's self-reported reproductive health after spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1999;80:1420-28.
- Krotoski DM, Nosek MA, Turk MA: Women with Physical Disabilities: Achieving and Maintaining Health and Well-Being. Baltimore: Paul H Brookes, 1996.
- MacDonald AG, Murphy EA, Capell HA, Bankowska UZ, Ralston SH. Effects of hormone replacement therapy in rheumatoid arthritis: A double blind placebo-controlled study. Ann Rheum 1994;53:54-7.
- Mohyi D, Tabassi K, Simon J. Differential diagnosis of hot flashes. Maturitas 1997;27:203-14.
- Mok CC, Lau CS, Ho CT, Lee KW, Mok MY, Wong RW. Safety of hormonal replacement therapy in postmenopausal patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Scand J Rheumatol 1998;27:342-6.
- NAMS Consensus Opinion #3: A decision tree for the use of estrogen replacement therapy or hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal women.
- National Osteoporosis Foundation. Osteoporosis: Physician's Guide to Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis. Belle Mead, NJ: Excerpta Medica, 1998.
- North American Menopause Society. Menopause Guidebook. Cleveland, OH: NAMS, 1999.
- Rebar RW, Nachtigall LE, Avis NE, Kronenberg F, Santoro NF, Sowers MF, Archer DF. Clinical challenges of perimenopause: Consensus opinion of the North American Menopause Society. Menopause: The Journal of The North American Menopause Society 2000; 7:5-13.
- Reame NE. A prospective study of the menstrual cycle and spinal cord injury. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 1992;71:15-21.
- Sellers TA, Mink PJ, Cerhan JR, et al. The role of hormone replacement therapy in the risk for breast cancer and total mortality in women with a family history of breast cancer. Ann Intern Med 1997;127:973-80.
- Smith R, Studd JWW. A pilot study of the effect upon multiple sclerosis of the menopause, hormone replacement therapy, and the menstrual cycle. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 1992;85:612-3.
- North American Menopause Society
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.
- Writing Group for the PEPI Trial. Effects of estrogen/progestin regimens on heart disease risk factors in postmenopausal women. The Postmenopausal Estrogen/Progestin Interventions (PEPI) Trial. JAMA 1995;273:199-208.
Last Modified February 2001
Written and Designed by Stephanie Pendergrass, Carol Howland, and Margaret Nosek Ph.D.
Copyright 2000 Center for Research on Women with Disabilities
We welcome any questions or comments. Please contact us at email@example.com.