Continuing Medical Education modules
- Gynecological Considerations in Treating Women with Physical Disabilities (ppt)
- Improving the Health and Wellness of Women with Physical Disabilities--Clinical Perspectives (ppt)
- "Enhancing Self-Esteem in Women with Physical Disabilities" an ILRU webcast presented by Rosemary Hughes, Ph.D., and Heather Taylor, Ph.D., on Nov. 10, 2003. [webcast] [transcript] [abstract]
- "Health Promotion and the Prevention of Secondary Conditions in People with Disabilities" an ILRU webcast presented by Margaret A. Nosek, Ph.D., Beth Mastel-Smith, RN, MSN, and Heather Taylor, Ph.D. on July 24, 2002, [webcast] [outline]
- "Top 10 Barriers to Quality Health Care for Women with Disabilities, or, 'I can get my wheelchair through the front door, but how do I get this body part into that machine?' " an ILRU webcast presented by Margaret A. Nosek, Ph.D. and Carol Howland on April 24, 2002 [webcast] [outline]
- "Violence Against Women with Disabilities: Findings from Studies Conducted by the Center for Research on Women with Disabilities - 1992 - 2001" an ILRU webcast presented by Carol Howland on Feb. 27, 2002. [webcast] [transcript]
- "Women, Disability, and Healthcare Reform" (PPS) presentation by Margaret A. Nosek for the National Women's Law Center, June 12, 2008
Consumer Education materials
Newsletters from the series, "Removing Disabilities Disparities from Women's Health"
- Managing Weight, [English] [Spanish], 2005, Volume 1, Number 1
- Physical Activity, [English] [Spanish], 2005, Volume 1, Number 2
- Depression, [English] [Spanish], 2005, Volume 1, Number 3
- Stress, [English] [Spanish], 2005, Volume 1, Number 4
- Smoking, [English] [Spanish], 2005, Volume 1, Number 5
- Reproductive Health Information for Women with Disabilities
- [Development and Testing of Reproductive Health Information for Women with Disabilities]
Materials available for purchase
Women with Physical Disabilities Achieving and Maintaining Health and Well Being. Eds: KM Krontoski, MA Nosek & MA Turk. Limited number available at this price. 482 pages. $27.00. (Item #96-01)
National Study of Women with Physical Disabilities.
- Special Summary. Regular print, 5 pages. $6.00. (Item #97-01)
- Special Summary. Large print $3.00 (Item #97-01.2)
- Special Summary. Spanish (Estudio Nacional de Mujeres con Discapacidades Fisicas. Reporte Especial) $3.00 (Item #97-01.3)
- Special Summary. Audio tape $6.00 (Item #97-01.1)
- Final Report. 30 pages. $20.00 (item #97-02)
- A Message from Margaret Nosek, Ph.D. to the International Leadership Forum for Women with Disabilities. Washington D.C. June 1997 (closed captioned) $15.00 (Item #97-03)
As part of our NIH-funded study, "Health Promotion for Women with Disabilities" (1996-2000), we created a newsletter and send it to the 386 women who participated in the survey of health and health promoting behaviors. To see copies of the newsletter, click on the issues listed below.
- Athena Newsletter - October 1998
- Athena Newsletter - November 1998
- Athena Newsletter - January 1999
- Athena Newsletter - April 1999
A summary of the findings on the newsletter's effectiveness in improving health promoting behaviors is available.