Table of Contents
- Health Insurance
- Ability to Obtain Care
- Access to Reproductive Health Care
- Medical Professionals' Knowledge
- "Top 10 Barriers to Quality Health Care for Women with Disabilities, or, 'I can get my wheelchair through the front door, but how do I get this body part into that machine?' " an ILRU webcast presented by Margaret A. Nosek, Ph.D. and Carol Howland on April 24, 2002 [webcast] [outline]
- "Women with Disabilities Symposium: A Practical Approach to Providing Quality Care to Women with Visual, Hearing, and Mobility Impairments", held on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2005 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the Harvard Medical School Conference Center in the New Research Building. The event was co-sponsored by the Center for Women with Disabilities at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- This conference aimed to provide clinicians and practice managers with the practical knowledge and skills to enable them to care more sensitively and effectively for women with disabilities. Topics included: overcoming negative attitudes and misconceptions; developing participatory patient-clinician relationships based on the unique needs of each patient; caring for the younger woman; learning how to make the simple equipment and physical examination modifications that permit comprehensive assessment; and a review of appropriate screening and prevention recommendations, how to perform an accurate functional assessment, and how to manage secondary medical complications that occur frequently in women with disabilities.
- What Every Person with a Disability Should Know about Managed Care
E-mail this page to a friend