Active Research Seeking Participants
Texas Center for Disability Studies
School of Social Work, University of Texas at Austin
Posted July 13, 2005
Do you have a physical, cognitive, speech, visual, hearing or mental disability?
Have you ever had property stolen from you, been abused, assaulted or victimized in any other way, even if you did not report it to the police?
If so, we need your help to gather information about crime victims with disabilities in Texas.
Please fill out the anonymous survey at http://tcds.edb.utexas.edu/index.html
University of Michigan - Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Posted June 13, 2005
This goal of this study is to understand how menopause is experienced by women who have spinal cord injuries. Findings will help women with spinal cord injury and their healthcare providers better understand unique health risks and allow them to maximize their health during menopause.
You may be able to participate in this study if you*
Are a woman or man with a spinal cord injury and also*
* Have an injury between C6 and T12 and are mostly non-ambulatory
* Use a wheelchair (manual or power) most of the time
* It has been at least 36 months since your injury
You must also be:
* Between the ages of 45 and 60
* A non-smoker
And if you are a woman, if you...
* Are not taking hormone replacement therapy or birth control
* Have never had a hysterectomy with ovary removal