Thomas Alexander Cooper, M.D.
Professor, Pathology and Molecular and Cellular Biology
S. Donald Greenberg Chair, Pathology
- Philips AV, Timchenko LT, Cooper TA. Disruption of splicing regulated by a CUG-binding protein in myotonic dystrophy. Science. 1998 May 1; 280(5364): 737-41.
- Ladd AN, Charlet N, Cooper TA. The CELF family of RNA binding proteins is implicated in cell-specific and developmentally regulated alternative splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 2001 Feb; 21(4): 1285-96.
- Savkur RS, Philips AV, Cooper TA. Aberrant regulation of insulin receptor alternative splicing is associated with insulin resistance in myotonic dystrophy. Nat Genet. 2001 Sep; 29(1): 40-7.
- Cooper TA. Highlights of alternative splicing regulation session: yes, no, maybe--a history of paradigm shifts. Sci STKE. 2001 Oct 23; 2001(105): pe35.
- Charlet-B N, Logan P, Singh G, Cooper TA. Dynamic antagonism between ETR-3 and PTB regulates cell type-specific alternative splicing. Mol Cell. 2002 Mar; 9(3): 649-58.
- Charlet-B N, Savkur RS, Singh G, Philips AV, Grice EA, Cooper TA. Loss of the muscle-specific chloride channel in type 1 myotonic dystrophy due to misregulated alternative splicing. Mol Cell. 2002 Jul; 10(1): 45-53.
- Ladd AN, Cooper TA. Finding signals that regulate alternative splicing in the post-genomic era. Genome Biol. 2002 Oct 23; 3(11): reviews0008.
- Timchenko LT, Tapscott SJ, Cooper TA, Monckton DG. Myotonic dystrophy: discussion of molecular basis. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2002; 516: 27-45.
- Faustino NA, Cooper TA. Pre-mRNA splicing and human disease. Genes Dev. 2003 Feb 15; 17(4): 419-37.
- Gromak N, Matlin AJ, Cooper TA, Smith CW. Antagonistic regulation of alpha-actinin alternative splicing by CELF proteins and polypyrimidine tract binding protein. RNA. 2003 Apr; 9(4): 443-56.
- Ladd AN, Nguyen NH, Malhotra K, Cooper TA. CELF6, a member of the CELF family of RNA-binding proteins, regulates muscle-specific splicing enhancer-dependent alternative splicing. J Biol Chem. 2004 Apr 23; 279(17): 17756-64.
- Singh G, Charlet-B N, Han J, Cooper TA. ETR-3 and CELF4 protein domains required for RNA binding and splicing activity in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004 Feb 18; 32(3): 1232-41.
- Savkur RS, Philips AV, Cooper TA, Dalton JC, Moseley ML, Ranum LP, Day JW. Insulin receptor splicing alteration in myotonic dystrophy type 2. Am J Hum Genet. 2004 Jun; 74(6): 1309-13.
- Ladd AN, Cooper TA. Multiple domains control the subcellular localization and activity of ETR-3, a regulator of nuclear and cytoplasmic RNA processing events. J Cell Sci. 2004 Jul 15; 117(Pt 16): 3519-29.
- Ho TH, Charlet-B N, Poulos MG, Singh G, Swanson MS, Cooper TA. Muscleblind proteins regulate alternative splicing. EMBO J. 2004 Aug 4; 23(15): 3103-12.
- Faustino NA, Cooper TA. Identification of putative new splicing targets for ETR-3 using sequences identified by systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment. Mol Cell Biol. 2005 Feb; 25(3): 879-87.
- Han J, Cooper TA. Identification of CELF splicing activation and repression domains in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005 May 13; 33(9): 2769-80.
- Ho TH, Bundman D, Armstrong DL, Cooper TA. Transgenic mice expressing CUG-BP1 reproduce splicing mis-regulation observed in myotonic dystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2005 Jun 1; 14(11): 1539-47.
- Ladd AN, Stenberg MG, Swanson MS, Cooper TA. Dynamic balance between activation and repression regulates pre-mRNA alternative splicing during heart development. Dev Dyn. 2005 Jul; 233(3): 783-93.
- Ho TH, Savkur RS, Poulos MG, Mancini MA, Swanson MS, Cooper TA. Colocalization of muscleblind with RNA foci is separable from mis-regulation of alternative splicing in myotonic dystrophy. J Cell Sci. 2005 Jul 1; 118(Pt 13): 2923-33.
- Ladd AN, Taffet G, Hartley C, Kearney DL, Cooper TA. Cardiac tissue-specific repression of CELF activity disrupts alternative splicing and causes cardiomyopathy. Mol Cell Biol. 2005 Jul; 25(14): 6267-78.
- Cooper TA. Use of minigene systems to dissect alternative splicing elements. Methods. 2005 Dec;37(4):331-40.